Agnostic.com

13 6

How annoyed or angry do you get at people with stinking breath?

I know it may be petty, but stinking breath, especially when a person is like 3 feet away from you and you can still smell it is enough to piss me the f*** off!

EmeraldJewel 7 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not sure whiuch is worse bad breath or bo

i used to work with this guy... his breath smelt like rotten meat and he would want to get right in my face to talk. i'd try to stay on the other side of the table but he'd chase me aournd the table to get close....it is pretty freaky but not something i get 'mad' about.

Seems a silly thing to work yourself up over.

Whew. Gum disease. It can sneak up on you. It's been awhile since I've noticed anyone's bad breath. I'm never that close to them. My wife and i brush before we get crazy with the kissing...lol.

I try not to be. I have no idea what path they walked that day to end up there. Are they truly poor of hygeine or is this just one of those days where everything that could go wrong did go wrong and they had to rush off to work... realizing, half way there, that they had not brushed! Did they just have lunch?

I have had too many bad days, too many forgetful days, too many garlic bagels to get upset at another for doing the same. I try to brush, do so fairly religiously but...

Then again, do they have a chronic condition, one that can't be altered or helped, that causes them to have halitosis? If so, who am I to ruin their life for something they have no control over (hmm, sounds a bit like judging someone for skin color, hair color, size of 'appendages' or something when I put it that way).

Sorry, there are more important things to get riled about.

For the record: I do notice. I just saw the Doctor, my Doctors PA really, and noticed she had bad breath. I gave her a pass for all of the above reasons. I am certain sure that if she could've changed things, she would've.

Oh, and for the record, I'd rather people smelled like, well, people than someones exaggerated (and costly) idea of a good time. Yes, I want people to be healthy (and to smell same) but I get so tired of people causing me to nearly pass out because they are wearing too much cologne (Axe commercials anyone) or are using mouth wash every minute OR are popping breath fresheners every 3s. It's too much and the reality is it's been foisted off on us for profit, not for health.

My dad had a recessed wisdom tooth that stunk like hell. I can still remember the stench in the car with all the windows up and the air conditioning blasting on the way to church on Sunday. It’s the type of smell that lingers in your nostrils for hours… And I have a really big nose!!!!! So the answer to your question is I don’t get annoyed or angry. I get nostalgic cause I love my dad even though I would never ride with him to church again LOL

Why get pissed off? Sometimes bad breath is no fault of the person. If it's bad breath from not brushing your teeth then that's different. I knew someone who had cancer that had bad breath. No fault of their own.

Yes its horrible

angry ? annoyed ? why ? I just keep some distance.

I have a client that gets right in my face every time I talk to him and his breath is horrendous. I have had to ask him numerous times to please back up,because he was in my personal space.

Sometimes I'll offer someone an Altoid. I used to be a sales rep from Wrigleys and still have some-long shelf life. If its a stranger I walk.

Yes thats pretty gross!!! , that usually is from not brushing, or no mouth wash ,also stomach disorders, i used to work with an older guy like that, and his breath was awful!!!, and his personality fit his bad breath as well

Oh no!

Unfortunately yes its true

Ew. I brush, floss, and use mouth rinse daily.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50892
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.