Agnostic.com

3 3

Vaccines for the rest of the world? How does that work?
[theguardian.com]

Allamanda 8 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One of the current front runners, is said to be being developed in Britain now, at Cambridge. And since it involves a synthetic way of stimulating the bodies own cell to produce antibodies, without using real viral parts, it is said that if it works it will be ridiculously cheap, and that a litre will make a two hundred thousand or more shots, giving a price per shot of less than pence.

But of course it may not work, and if any are found and require collecting fresh viral samples each time, then they could be hugely expensive, hundreds of dollars each shot, and therefore only a luxury for rich private patients. It is just a roll of the dice how much the vaccines, if any, will cost, so it is hard to predict if they will or can be rolled out globally.

Our world will only be as healthy as the poorest people on it. Globalization has definitely made that happen.

Gaza is the one of the spots we’re currently unable to eradicate polio from 😟 and the other issue is Countries that think the suppliers of vaccines are trying to kill them. I hope things improve, I know people out there are still trying.

@girlwithsmiles Gaza is confined by Israel. It has embargoes on it. Everything from Food to medicine. This does not help

I have heard a lot about the Vaccine programs that the Bill Gates foundation has invested in. He's a remarkable guy.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509136
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.