Agnostic.com

1 4

LINK Tanzanite: Tanzanian miner becomes overnight millionaire - BBC News

Mr Laizer, 52, who has four wives (and 30 children), said he would slaughter one of his cows to celebrate.
He also plans to invest in his community in Simanjiro district in Manyara.

"I want to build a shopping mall and a school. I want to build this school near my home. There are many poor people around here who can't afford to take their children to school."

"I am not educated but I like things run in a professional way. So I would like my children to run the business professionally."

I love everything about this.

Amzungu 8 June 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Our whole family loved his comment that he would kill one of his 2,000 cows to hold a feast.
It's so typically "Africa". It made us all homesick. There's nothing quite like "Nyama Choma", eaten around a fire in the cool of night.
That didn't stop me joking about his four wives and his comment that he would slaughter one of his cows. Presumably the one that nagged the most!

Petter Level 9 June 25, 2020

"It's so typically "Africa". It made us all homesick. There's nothing quite like "Nyama Choma", eaten around a fire in the cool of night."
So very true! I miss Kenya BIG. Northern Tanzania, 4 wives and thousands of cows, what do you think? Maasai or Samburu?

@Amzungu He looks Maasai in the photo. Certainly, that part of Tanganyika is predominantly Maasai.
I miss sitting quietly in the bush, until late into the night/early morning, feeding a fire and "choma-ing" the odd chunk of nyama, gazing out across stunted thorn trees at a moonlit landscape and conversing quietly with a handful of friends.

@Petter there really is no parallel experience to an African night sky in the bush...

@Amzungu More addictive than any class A drug!

@Petter Very true!

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509170
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.