Agnostic.com

27 6

What is the most memorable live concert you have seen?

I have a few: George Clinton and Parliment Funkadelic in 79. It was so fun to be part of "one nation under a groove". In 1978, I saw Dan Fogelberg playing at an after hours bar in Nashville. Just him and a guitar, some of the most beautiful music that I've ever heard. What about yours?

jwd45244 7 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Ella Fitzgerald in West Berlin in 1961.

Metallica 2018 in Arlington, Texas!

Great show! Who were your opening acts? I saw them last summer.

@Donna_I Gojira and Avenged Sevenfold. Gojira did a nice Moterhead tribute but Avenged Sevenfold’s audio was really bad.

@RandyMoose I haven't seen Gojira yet but they are on my list! We had Volbeat instead. To bad A7X's audio was off kilter. Sometimes live doesnt work so well! 🙂

Janis Joplin & Jimi Hendrix on the same stage..Janis was still with Big Brother...she opened for Hendrix..

Oh man, I am SOOOOOOOO jealous!!!! That must have been freakin' phenomenal!!!

@KKGator yeah it was especially 4 an 11 year old..lol

@LovinSpoonful007 it was

@LovinSpoonful007 my brother date dropped out due to a snowstorm..he wasn't happy about me going..

Pink Floyd in the early 70s. The light show was amazing.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 5, 2018

I went and saw Tim McGraw twice

At age 19, I attended a live concert of Joni Mitchell and the L.A. Express on her "Miles of Aisles" tour. Held outdoors, the concert was at Cranbrook Institute in Michigan.

My "Miles of Aisles" cassette tape was eventally replaced with a CD. Wore that CD out. I didn't know you could do that. I was thrilled to get a replacement. Still love Joni Mitchell's "Miles of Aisles" album and listen to it often.

Woodstock 94 . Never could have been as good as the original Woodstock ,but a three day non stop party was pretty awesome! Lots of great bands on two stages. When the bands stopped playing late at night ,the music over the loudspeakers would be turned to full volume. It rained like a horse pissing on a Flat Rock. We were all hungry, tired and covered in mud. It was fun!

Springsteen, about 10 years ago. Giants Stadium in East Rutherford, NJ. FLOOR SEATS about 15 rows from the stage. Epic.

Sorry, can't select one:

Led Zepplin,
Pink Floyd,
Grateful Dead,
Emerson, Lake, and Palmer
Alman Brothers
Neil Young
Yes

Wow led Zeppelin, to me that's amazing their tickets usually sell out in 3 hours, my personal favorite rock band back in school.

Killswitch Engage was one of my favorites

Saw Santana in his prime in Puerto Rico. Ray Barreto, Celia Cruz, Cal Tjader, Willie Bobo, Malo in LA. Tito Puente in New York, Van Van and Oscar de Leon in Germany. Rascals in Puerto Rico. Barry White in Puerto Rico. Herbie Hancock in Virginia Beach. Attended Mar Y Sol Rock Festival in Puerto Rico, Madonna in Atlanta. Gap Band in San Diego. Juan Luis Guerra in Spain, Facundo Cabral in PR and in DC. Doctor John and Chuck Mangioni in Jacksonville. Wilson Pickett in Puerto Rico. ALL MEMORABLES AMONG OTHERS ESCAPING MY MIND.

The ones l got to participate in.

I've only attended two in person (yeah, I know, I'm weird). One was the Kinks with my son, and the other was Prince with my husband. We were seated behind the stage and had a good view of the singer's behind.

Sooz Level 6 Apr 5, 2018

Super Session at Fillmore East. Mike Bloomfield (lead guitar/singer) said he was tired at about 2 AM. Had a friend who wanted to stand in for him. It was Hendrix, and he played till dawn.

Rodger Waters back in the 07. Performed the entire dark side of the Moon album. Had great seats close to the stage think I even saw myself on the DVD, still got the T-shirt and the ticket stub, saxophone solo in the song money was nothing short of phenomenal.

Arlo Guthrie in Ct. back in 1976. Sat right next to him playing the piano and he chated with us during his break.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 6, 2018

Muse, Festival Pier in Philadelphia, 2007. Met them afterwards 🙂

In April of 2005, I attended a concert in Biloxi, Mississippi, with Placido Domingo performing with the Southern Miss Symphony Orchestra. It was a magical evening. I could have listened to Mr. Domingo sing all night long.

That sounds so nice!

That's tough. Nirvana. Jane's Addiction. Postal Service.

It would have to be Paul McCartney and Wings at the Liverpool Empire, in 1974. It was the first time back in Liverpool since The Beatles. It was the "Band on the run" tour. The next would be Pink Floyd at Maine Road in the late '80's...The concert was used for the live album; "Delicate Sound of Thunder".

MichBar, I saw Paul McCartney and Wings at the Tacoma Dome, WA. Not a great venue: the acoustics were poor. Perhaps it was my seat location. As a musician, I'm picky about sound.

Third Eye Blind in Dallas. It was incredible

Marz Level 7 Apr 5, 2018

At the ballroom in downtown Portland, OR - my very first rock n roll concert with Billy Idol. Mid-way through out the concert - he took a break from singing and let the band continue to perform. In the crowd, I was standing at the fence near the stage. Billy squatted right in front of my area, thrusted his arms out... the group of audience in my area were flabbergasted and shy. I looked around to see if anyone would take his hands. No one did. So, out of dare, I thrusted my hands... Billy, from the corner of his eyes saw my movement, swiveled on his heels and grabbed my hands with great force. I was stunned. Biting my lower lip with a shy smile, he stared right into my eyes and flashed a huge sexy smile and roared, Yeah, baby!!!" Shocked, I just stood there dumbfounded. Thinking he would release my hands after a few seconds, he kept right on staring into my eyes, ignoring his band, the audience's chanting "Whoo! Whoo! Whoo!" The tension was unfathomable as I realized the entire audience and band members gawking at me. I refused to give in as I'm not those type of female fans who gushes at famous singers. Billy sensed that and he kept right on staring at me... after few minutes, I felt my resolve melting and butterflies in my stomach flitting furiously. Against my wishes, this animalistic side of me that I never even knew existed came out, and mimed sending him a kiss. Billy roared with laughter and triumphed, feeling so proud he got through my "wall". Only then he realeased my hands and shot up and went back singing. The audience went wild. I was so embarrased. The ASL interpreter was grinning ear to ear as I signed to her, "Did that really happened?!" Went home on cloud 9 for weeks. Thanks Billy! I made this amateur video for a pen-pal who is also a Billy Idol fan... you may need to pause to read my captions...

Cab Calloway at the McCallum Theater in the 90's. His daughter was a part of the show and he was decked out in a silver tux with tails. Loved his recordings but they did zero justice to his booming, electrifying voice.

In Living Colour (this was a surprise) opening for Aerosmith in Vegas... that was a great concert!

Jann Arden. She is a singer-songwriter, story-teller with a great sense of humour. A lovely human being. Also loved Tom Jones in concert, & Frank Sinatra later in his career.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:50924
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.