Agnostic.com

7 7

BREAKING NEWS: District of Columbia is fighting for statehood. Will pass in the House but the Rethuglicans will block it in the Senate because it means 2 more Democratic Senators. Not right!!!! Agree/Disagree?

sassygirl3869 9 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I live in DC. We pay taxes, we should have real representation. If not, then stop having me pay federal taxes!!!

OK, so tell me how this would benefit anyone. And why would the "rethugicans" get blame for anything? For that matter, how are said "rethuglicans" involved in at all? I mean, other than your sheer and blinding hatred and bloodlust? Last time I checked, DC was purposefully kept a separate city-state that did not fall under any jurisdiction but their own. It was set up that way on the border of two states. Also last time I checked, Texas has been trying to secede from the union to exercise their contractual right to become their own country again. It must be those fat-cat republicans with their small government, personal accountability, and belief in states' rights that keep Texas from leaving, right?

Texas may leave, no problem with that. If I have no representation then I should not have to pay taxes. That is simple. Taxation without representation? No thank you.

@GreatNani, how did that answer or address the question at all???

@GreatNani, oh, and I almost forgot; taxation is theft.

@sadistic I agree with many of your sentiments and CONSTITUTIONAL review..... I condemn both demoRATs and Rethuglicans bankrupting USA since 1982 for illegal wars in 160 countries.
...as for cecession Texas taxpayers owe 49 states a trillion dollars invested in the 5 republics of the lone star land stolen from Native Americans and Mexicans..... S Carolina tried to steal Fort Sumter by terrorist cannon fire .....Congress has done a piss poor job funding WDC ..... NORTH&SOUTH Dakota want to merge. If Pelosi presented a PACKAGE deal for Dakota & ThorpeLand it could pass the 100 Senators hurdle..... we need to change the NFL name from Washington racistSKINS to the Washington THORPEs honor the greatest USA athlete of all time and name the new 50th state after him.

According to tonight's news it will require a constitutional Amendment to bestow statehood, because the district was created by a constitutional ammendment ...

did not know that.

What a bunch of cry babies.

Yeah, those damn crybabies always out there rioting, looting, and protesting rights they have not lost yet...

An old issue. Why did the Democrats and DC take so long?

If the Democrats can just focus and win the Senate back in 2020, it will be impactful nationwide and other stunts would be unnecessary. First old wood, useless Democrats have to get out and make room for more progressives so can we can do better than losing elections at all levels year after year.

First things first.

Did you miss 2008-2016?

Agreed

Yeah! Oh I hope it encourages strokes and heart attacks in their fury!

Maybe we should shoot some more of them at a company sponsored sporting event?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509685
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.