Agnostic.com

1 1

Should 'ride hailing' companies be required to follow regulations like taxis ? why/not ?

Lyft settles with Justice Department over disability lawsuit

The company will pay a $40K civil penalty, educate drivers.

[engadget.com]

FearlessFly 9 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

AI is poised to displace drivers in the near future. Thus, it may not matter whatever is done about ride sharing.

EdEarl Level 8 June 26, 2020

. . . not much comfort (especially if that 'future' isn't near) for the lack-of-rule-following that is happening now. 😮

@FearlessFly According to Musk, the Tesla autopilot is already ten times safer than human drivers, based on miles driven by the Tesla autopilot. However, they are still training it to drive properly in special situations, for example a traffic circle. I haven't heard how much more training is necessary. Additionally, laws must change for robotaxis. No telling when or where robotaxis will be allowed. My guess is China will be an early adopter, because it is a quick way to eliminate some air pollution, and benefit their economy.

@EdEarl I'm in favor. Insurance could be a 'sticky-wicket' .

@FearlessFly Here, yes. Perhaps another hurdle will be political power wielded by taxi companies.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:509744
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.