Agnostic.com

5 2

LINK Should 'White Jesus' Statues Come Down? - YouTube

I like that idea knock the statues down

Blackatheist1985 7 June 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

AFAIK the statues coming down are ones erected by government institutions. So in the US any Jesus statues the government has erected should come down.

As for the common fallacy that Jesus was a blue eyed, blond haired Caucasian - that's all on the Christian church and the simple minded that follow it and swallow this lie.

Who cares

bobwjr Level 10 June 28, 2020

I think if a church wants a white Jesus it is there business.
Years ago an athiest group filed a suit about the Statue of Christ which is in Pennecamp State park in Key Largo. They argued state or government funds should not be used to maintain the statue. Before this happened I remember skin diving there and because it was metal, the light eminated from Jesus' head and shoulders upward.

After it started getting covered with coral and other flora and fauna. After I thought it was strange that they removed the encrusted life as it is illegal to remove anything from the state park. I think you can fish from boat, maybe if you are away from reef.

Before this happened my ex and I went there when friends wanted to show how large it was. It always had some growth, but very little. My arm touched it and burned me. Fire coral or some life that had a toxin.

Jesus is a fictitious character. What difference does it make if he looks like a hypothetical hippie?

@barjoe I know many who reject the pandering to Christians and think Trump is the anti-thesis of what they believe he taught. As far as I.am concerned. those I know help homeless, buy tickets for people needing to get where they can live with family and not be homeless. deliver scripts so those with covid or effected by it can get what they need. And several religious organizations help elderly.or disabled by doing repairs on houses and various things in the summer.

If hippie Jesus inspires this cool. I don't think he is needed to.inspire it. Just think it is illegal if in church to mandate who they worship.

@Fred_Snerd I guess not. I saw how little faith they had once when a shark swam by.

@gigihein! The church does some good things and churches does some bad things. I don't believe Jesus ever existed. I have as much a right to not believe in fairy tales as people do to "worship"

@Fred_Snerd He is bronze underneath

@barjoe well I think it is like not being happy that God is always portrayed as some old white haired man in the clouds and not a woman, or some asexual "they".

IMO, it is a challenge to the "white hippie" Jesus congregations to recognize the racism behind their depictions of Jesus. Apparently Kyle Kulinski doesn't 'get' that.

What about separation of church and state. I do.think if Jesus existed he wouldn't be white. Educating Christian's is one thing, but quite different than removing Confederate statues.

@gigihein I'm not suggesting government intervention. I am suggesting "social pressure", "intolerance of their intolerance".

I think education of the white washing of everything in our country is something to talk about. Worse is history taught in schools with few or no black history taught.

My.kids always shared movies we had. The teachers didnt know about Shirley Chisolm, who was black, running for President in 1972. Some of them were in middle school or high school as they are my age. How is it possible kids arent taught the history of all Americans.

@Fred_Snerd Yep, history changes based on the lies believed at the time and are perpetuated.

@Fred_Snerd No way, sure that guy isnt pro choice.

@Fred_Snerd Afghanastan, Iraq, Vietnam, love it or leave it 😮 😛

@Fred_Snerd haha, and speak English, this is America. Everyone should speak English for us.

@gigihein I speak Wiki, it works well 😮

On public land, yes.

barjoe Level 9 June 28, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:510257
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.