Agnostic.com

18 4

Lost friends

How many friends have you lost after they heard your views about God

Tallman416 3 Apr 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Usually it is other peopel who lose me as a friend when I hear their views about god... or rather when they try to convert me...

No friends lost - though some of have been shocked but not scared off. For the most part, I must be likable enough for them to have befriended me in the first place, so it would be pretty bigotted of them to break a friendship due to religion after getting to know me, unless I were to preach to them, which I do not.

I have cooled my friendship with some who have begun to speak more and more about God and Jesus. I just don't gravitate toward them any more. That's okay.

Relatives are a different story!

None, I always focus on the humanist side of myself.

Plenty on Facebook..mostly because I defriend them myself.
in fact, I just defriended a COUSIN who messaged to upbraid me for a meme I posted against police shooting unarmed black men.

None

One completely, another couple are at a distance.

None.

So far I've managed not to lose any. Though I have had a few heated discussions that almost led to such a loss. Thankfully we were able to get through it and work things out before any real damage was done.

None yet.... Because I don't get confrontational with my friends. Now, if they try to lecture me or to push their agenda on me ( which I don't do to them ) then they are not my real friends and I have no problem to tell them go .... You do the math here...

ditto

Most of the friends I've lost have been online via social media(s).

none, i never got 2 attached 2 someone that close minded. the only person i even know who doesnt care 4 it is my grandma, when i told her i didnt worship her god she smacked me in the mouth when i was a kid. i don't bring it up around her anymore, she knows how i feel, i know how she feels, we leave it at that. my grandma tho is a good hearted person who i respected already before i had ever even considered religion, i don't have quite as much patience with ur average joe blow theist, so i just never kept them in my life 2 loose in the first place.

Byrd Level 7 Apr 5, 2018

None. I never had that many friends to begin with but of those I had, I always gravitated towards atheists.

I can’t say any, because I wouldn’t allow anyone to become my friend without knowing that about me..

Varn Level 8 Apr 5, 2018

I figure if I lost them they weren't much of a friend to begin with.

I have lost a few, but I have lost far more due to politics.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:51033
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.