Agnostic.com

2 1

One out of every 142 passwords is '123456'

The '123456' password was spotted 7 million times across a data trove of one billion leaked credentials, in one of the biggest password re-use studies of its kind.

[zdnet.com]

FearlessFly 9 July 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

123456? How boring ... for a "real" password type the 1st six keys on the row below: QWERTY

[bennish.net]

I would be curious as to the breakdown of what type of site the simple passwords were used. For forum sites like this, a simple password is all that is needed. Using simple passwords for financial or important business sites would be bad. I use a local password manager, not a cloud storage one. It can also be used from a flash drive and generates strong passwords. I just don't see an issue if someone manages to guess a password to a forum unless someone uses the same password for everything.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:511669
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.