Agnostic.com

3 11

When my sister came to visit me in Italy, I took this photo when she arrived at the Malpensa airport near Milano. She struck a funny pose, and I made the most of it with this meme:

BestWithoutGods 8 July 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Your sister looks like she's a real hoot! And you, too, for putting together the meme.

Our parents raised us to live humorously. 😛

@BestWithoutGods Then they raised you well. I have a blast with my sibs, too.

She looks like a fun person!

Oh, yes. She has a great sense of humor, and is a lot of fun to be with.

Is that the main airport for Milano? I think I've been there, for a connecting flight.

There are several airports in and around Milano. I'm not sure which is the main airport, but I don't think Malpensa is the main one. It just happens to be the closest to where my condo is in Baveno.

@BestWithoutGods It's been so long ago, I don't remember which one. But.. I do recall it was a very spartan place. I also recall being on the tarmac. Very old school even for 2007.

@bingst I'm only familiar with Malpensa.

@BestWithoutGods Malpensa is the main airport for Milan. (it is also the second largest in Italy.)
It is actually very close to Varese.
Much of my family live in and around Como, which is where I usually spend around 6 weeks every year.
Parking is bloody expensive at Malpensa. However, I never fly there, preferring to drive. (1,800kms or so.)

@Petter Thank you, Petter, for your correction. 🙂

@BestWithoutGods Do you drive round the bottom of Lake Maggiore to Baveno, or take the ferry across it. It's a lovely area, especially since I spend most of the year living on the fringes of the Tabernas desert. (Where many "Spaghetti Westerns" were filmed, such as "The Good, The Bad and The Ugly." )

@Petter I usually go by car around the lake.

@BestWithoutGods Paying the tolls or taking the scenic route? I've driven all the way round lake Maggiore.
Have you ever visited Re, near Santa Maggiore? There is an amazing basilica there, well worth exploring. Then there's the international chimney sweep's museum in Santa Maggiore.

@Petter Sometimes I pay the tolls. Other times I take more scenic routes. It depends on if I'm in a hurry or not. I've also gone all the way around Lago Maggiore. Lovely.

Yes, I've been to Re and Santa Maggiore. The basilica and the chimney sweep's museum are well worth the trip.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:512248
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.