Agnostic.com

27 2

Do you feel that Agnostic.com fuels your disbelief in the same way church fuels a believer's belief?

Alimacbean 7 Apr 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Confirmation bias is very real and effects us just as much as anyone else. That being said though, we aren’t all congregating in a government subsidized building hearing cherry-picked quotes from an ancient text. The fact that we are all here together means we’ve already shed many prejudices and can engage in a coherent dialog about life, humanity and the world.

Exactly what I was thinking when I read the post. Very well put 🙂

No, was atheist before this site was around, and will be after it's gone.

My lack of belief does require fuel of any sort.

I like it here because it’s where the rational and grounded people are.

No. I know where I stand on the issue and it would take an immense amount of proof to sway me. The community here is a nice support system and reminds me I am not alone.

Nope, but it does provide a safe place to vent for those who need it. It's a place where we like-minded nonbelievers can make friends (and maybe more) without all of that religious bullshit.

Since 90% of the discussions I have taken part in here so far have had nothing to do with religion, I would say no. Though I don’t need anything to “fuel” my disbelief. I will remain an atheist until the day that I actually have convincing evidence of a god.

No. Living in a place where I've been openly discriminated against for nearly my entire life, where non-Christians are treated as second class citizens, I am used to having contrasting views shoved down my throat regularly and having to deal with it on my own. My personal views are strong, logic based and developed individually regardless of prevailing influences. I need an outlet like this for talking to and meeting people with similar views in what is otherwise a sea of antagonism and hostility.

Very well put 🙂

No, I already knew what I didn't believe.

I joined this site out of pure curiosity and was hooked by the level of debate on a whole range of topics - not just religion.

No not in the slightest, my disbelief needs no fuelling 🙂

No. My lack of belief doesn't need "fuel". There are no gods. Never have been.
Religion is nothing but bullshit.

No. I would still feel the same without being on here. But it does give me a "safe space" to talk about my non-belief. And that's a good thing.

We are a diverse community supporting each other in many different ways.

No, I've not accepted religion since I was introduced to it. The absurdity of religions is the only fuel needed to keep them flames going.

No, I was certain before I found this.,

Certainly not. This is a place for me to meet intelligent, articulate people. I don't need anything to bolster my rejection of a deity, because it's not a position that needs bolstering. I remain open to evidence. Unless any is provided, I will continue to be an unbeliever. That doesn't need reinforcement.

Nope, I am an equal opportunity type of individual who likes to talk to anyone. If you believe in Mickey mouse or whatever, that is none of my business. Why am I here? I am glad you asked !!! Here I can say I do NOT believe in God... The very same words on Facebook would rise a tsunami of hatred completely ridiculous. Hope this make sense. Have a nice day !!!!

No. My disbelief began growing years ago; as a result of my inquisitive mind, and the hippocrisies that I noticed. Joining this site hasn't hindered or influenced my disbelief; nor has it encouraged the sort of 'group think' that religious institutions are commonly known for.

Perhaps...but in a positive way.

I actually come on here to escape the religious bullshit, so no it mainly stops me from seeing it.

Nope that would be the Fb pages that just focus on bitching about religion where here there's far more of a variety of subjects discussed

No. But watching some awesome Aron Ra videos does... 😉

I don't think that it fuels my belief, rather it's a place where like minded people meet. Likewise I don't think that a church fuels belief, it's a vehicle for expression.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:51277
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.