Agnostic.com

9 13

Another brag about the state, Connecticut, that i am lucky enough to inhabit in these days: In my maibox today, an Absentee Ballot (Unrequested) with the first checkbox stating "Covid 19" as the reason for wanting one. Just check, sign, & put in the postage-paid envelope. I love my state!

AnneWimsey 9 July 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

KY had mail in ballots in our primary. I haven't heard what it will be in the general.

Calloway county had mostly mail in ballots with only one walk-in poll open for the entire county.

Just a follow-up, but I was the only person at my polling station - which is our library, now closed for covid. All set up for non-contact voting, with q-tips dispensed for touchscreen use. It's working well right now because it seems a lot of people aren't showing up, but I think a bigger crowd would make me apprehensive. I REALLY hope we get mail-in voting approved for November.

I spent a lot of time in the New London/Groton area back in the late 1970's. Were you there back then ? There was a great bar in New London back then called "The Dolphin." It had a carved wooden sign with a dolphin of course, and the motto: "Tranquility Above All." On any given night the place was full of hippies, poets, sub-mariners, bikers, and midgets.
Probably the greatest East Coast dive-bar I'd been to.

TO_BY Level 7 July 7, 2020

I was being assaulted regularly in Eufaula AL by first hubby in some of those years, but have lived in this area my entire life besides that horrid interlude. Bank Street where that bar was looks pretty much the same yet had a revitalization about 10 years ago & was, until lately a bustling fun place.

I have lived in Oregon since 1980 and have gone to a place to vote maybe five times, then I found one can vote by mail, or absentee by just applying for it, so I did. Now it is the law, one has to go to the mail box to get a ballot and mailing it back is free. Impossible to fake.

1980 was a great time to move to Oregon. Before or after Mt. St. Helens blew ?

@TO_BY Before, I got to see it go and it was amazing. St. Helens is over forty miles and the crow flies, It looked like it was five miles away. A huge mushroom cloud, lightning and dark smoke. Nature acts on a large scale, which can be unimaginable. I saw it blow twice.

@dalefvictor I got up here to Washington a couple months later. I remember seeing under the Toutle River Bridge on I-5 literally stuffed with blown down trees washed downriver. Good times, Homey. 😀

I live across the street from one of the early voting locations in Dallas, It is one of the least used early voting locations, so social distancing and PPE is no problem. In the last 15 years I don't remember when there have been more than 2 other voters when I have gone in.

Fanfuckingtastic!!!!!!

Good for them

I have mine in MN for the Aug. primary, and will likely be getting one for Nov. 🙂

I love your state, too!

I was able to get one for my mom because of age (she just submitted her ballot by mail yesterday) but Texas still refuses to allow it for Covid 19, so I'm going in to vote in person today.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:513087
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.