Agnostic.com

2 1

LINK Alaska Airlines plane forced to land in Seattle after passenger threatens to kill everyone

What the title doesn't mention is he threatened to kill everyone "in the name of Jesus".

Has anyone ever threatened to kill people on a plane in the name of atheism? Even anti-theists aren't actually into killing religious people AFAIK.

Can you imagine what the response by society - at least in America - would be if atheists were given to threatening to kill people in the name of atheism? I hate to think...

prometheus 7 July 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well to be honest killing people in the name of not believing in god, would pretty much be like killing people in the name of not eating pancakes

I hate pancakes. I hate the way they look. I hate the way they taste. I hate that they drink all the syrup.
I hate them.

This is yesterday. Thank goodness they stopped him. There are mentally ill atheists as well I'm sure.

barjoe Level 9 July 13, 2020

But we don't threaten to kill "in the name of atheism" right? And will Christians ever stand up and disown the idea that Jesus of the NT ever wanted people to kill in his name. Or maybe he did - I always thought that was an OT thing.

@prometheus The Virginia Tech shooter had some kind of crazy atheist manifesto. Killed a bunch of people. Asian man. It happens. I agree most of these mass shooters use religion to justify their actions. There are exceptions though.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515055
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.