Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Are you a giver or a taker? | Adam Grant - YouTube

Contains a few jokes, some stats, and a little wisdom.

EdEarl 8 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When you click on the video, it automatically starts at the 10:16 minute point close to the end of the talk. It makes more sense when you watch the whole thing from the start. I've definitely seen these types of employees in places where I've worked. I would say that I'm a disagreeable giver because I can be critical of how things are done but I also give much more than I take. In fact, I rarely take at all. If I'm critical it's because I want others to improve and succeed as well. I want the business to succeed. But I get labeled as someone who felt superior to others, a show off, someone who wants all the recognition and rewards. I'm the complete opposite. I'm not motivated by rewards at all and I believe everyone could be just as good as I am or even better than I am at the job if they have better knowledge and higher motivation. I've left jobs because I couldn't deal with the takers anymore and I wasn't taken seriously with my critical views that could help the others and the businesses.

So this guy gets paid by employers to motivate their employees. Those victims of workplace bullying would be called takers by this asshole. That is what he is.

barjoe Level 9 July 14, 2020

Are you saying that he is a victim?

@EdEarl By me you mean? lol

@barjoe You said the victims would be called takers. I didn't get that from the video; in fact, it seemed to me the givers would more often be victims of the workplace.

Please explain, "That is what he is." He might mean victim, bully or asshole.

@EdEarl I don't like teambuilding. I think it's bullshit so I'm negative about the whole thing. I don't care how he'd classify me.

. . . stats ? none provided.
. . . giver/taker ? seems like a false dichotomy to me.

Stats presented in the pie chart.

@EdEarl . . . right, sorry I think I must have skipped the first few minutes.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515271
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.