Agnostic.com

7 8

LINK CDC Director Robert Redfield: If Everyone Wore a Mask for Next 6 Weeks We Could Drive Pandemic 'Into the Ground'

During a press conference on Monday afternoon the Director for the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention, Dr. Robert Redfield, continued with the theme of pleading with Americans to put on a mask to stymie the spread of COVID-19. He said that, if everyone complied with said pleading, then "over the next six weeks we could drive [the virus] into the ground."

HippieChick58 9 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I willing to entertain that idea, but its a shame that won't do to stupidity,etc.

No NO NO we have the republican convention and all those people have to be able to get together and share the love for the cheeto, yea the cheeto.

Excellent point! Standing down on this until then........

Here in Eastern Ct mostly everyone wears masks, and those who do not get my Outdoor Voice, and we have had Very low incidence, no over crowding in hospitals, etc. In fact, if not for everyone wearing a mask, pretty normal even as NYC, just 125 miles away, was tanking.

Duh! All the modeling shows how effective masks are, I have read some truly ignorant and stupid comments by people who clearly only watch fox and oann on why they won't wear a mask. They go on about herd immunity and masks do not work so they are not going to wear one. It is frustrating for sure.

Has anyone ever had immunity from the Common Cold? Same virus "family",duuuuh...not happening,ever.

@AnneWimsey The "common" cold virus is one of 200 different viruses. It is thought that we do gain immunity to each of the viruses which is part of the reason children get so many more colds than adults do. And then of course children are such capable little germ factories, they swap viruses with everyone and bring them home and share them.

@HippieChick58 children get sicker more often because they congregate, touch everything, wash hands poorly if ever. Wait I know, let's open the schools!

@AnneWimsey @HippieChick58
I love you guys!! The other thing is of course is getting kids to actually wear the mask.

Yeah, but... all the exemptions would have to go away. The religious one is particularly bad since it involves large gatherings.

bingst Level 8 July 14, 2020

If everyone wore a mask, and kept their hands clean, and practiced social distancing, then it would make a difference.

Finally! To bad Drump and De Voss have moved on to murdering school kids and staff..and his clown posse won't do it cause "Muh Libertree".

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515320
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.