Agnostic.com

5 1

Hello all.
I don't know how many on here, consider themselves any form of prepper, but i thought id ask the question anyway.

For those of you that do, and maybe use prepper groups on FB, is it hard to keep from biting your tongue, when religion is forced into the theroy of prepping?

TeresaWyckoff 5 July 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My son took me to a prepper store once in Reno. It gave me ideas to make a lot of money off silly people. They were selling five gallon buckets with a little bit of cat litter for $25 as a portable toilet. What a racket!

All kidding aside, I'm a planner. I generally am prepared for at least 6 months or more. I'm still using the paper towels and toilet paper I bought in February during my twice a year necessities trip to Target.

Sadly, scammers exist.

From way-back… ..and, to the point, ya don’t tell.. Nothing organized, especially involving religion. When the world ends, aren’t those dummies gonna be swept away by jesus? I plan to be here, feeding & protecting my neighbors..

Varn Level 8 July 15, 2020

That is a good point! If Jesus is going to whisk them away or otherwise save them, why all the prepping? It's us heathens who should be stockpiling, isn't it?

Do I smell a lack of faith in these religious preppers?

Was waiting for the zombie apocalypse and Covid-19 showed up.

barjoe Level 9 July 14, 2020

I tend toward prepper behaviors, but I'm not part of any group. I'm just a pack-rat at heart. If the shit actually hit the fan, I'd probably be one of the first to die.

I have also noticed a correlation between prepping and religion, when it comes up in conversation. I find this correlation odd.

It's prevalent in Mormons, but many born agains, etc, do prep.

@TeresaWyckoff I think mormons hide honey inside their walls, while the born againers stockpile guns & ammo..

There is nothing wrong with "prepping". I live in a area where the power fails and the city is sealed off to prevent the residents from leaving. Its happened twice in twenty years.
So, we are preppers. After Trump was elected, I collected Mri's and provisions for a complete societal fail.
I wasn't thinking about losing the police department as during the height of the pandemic.
I'm ready to withstand a year without provisions now for myself. But , I have neighbors. So I planned for them too. But we need to overprepare unless you know exactly what is going to happen in the future.

"...the city is sealed off to prevent the residents from leaving."

What? Seriously?

@AmyTheBruce yes The state patrol is dispatched and the only entry is closed during emergency. They have to copter in provisions.

@AmyTheBruce Do you remember the coastal storm in our state in 2006? Cut off power for a week. Then the road to Hoquiam was under water a month later. Locked us up again....Seems you have your share of microstorms?

@PondartIncbendog I wasn't paying too much attention to the news in 2006...or it has simply escaped my memory. But what about the other highway...109, is it? That was blocked too?

We had something called a "microburst" here a few years ago. My house was damn near at the center of it. THAT was a trip...I've never seen anything like it. But I thought that I heard you got an actual TORNADO a year later?

@AmyTheBruce I heard about it. A little waterspout. Not even in populated area. Hwy 109 gets blocked by slides, flood all the time. If you look to the starboard side driving in, you will see lake Hoquiam. If it's been raining.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515453
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.