Agnostic.com

5 3

If you are okay with this, you are the problem... [summit.news]

Captain_Feelgood 8 July 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So far the news stories are reporting only what the family has said. There is no corroborating information. I’ll wait before believing the family’s story.

The headlines state "shot for saying", but even the fiance said "possibly her".

Her father claimed (in one of the links below) she said it, but was he there ?

@FearlessFly So you agree the stories only report the family’s version, the family’s quotes. We’ll see if any more information comes to light.

@Bobbyzen . . . so far, not enough info :

[eu.indystar.com]

Cap’n, your love for everything on the right is a problem.

When in the early 1960s the GOP’s far right Birchers and Robert Taft midwestern conservatives starrted expelling moderates they put the GOP on a path to self-destruction. The Conservative Atheists group here is doing the same.

I don't love everything on the right, but you're welcome to your opinion. I certainly am not going to change my thinking because you're concerned with what I may or may not love. And comparing today's events's to some anti-communist group from the 60s is rather absurd. You have a good day though..

@Captain_Feelgood You conveniently don’t read well.

Those 1960s events PUT THE GOP ON A PATH TO self-destruction. They remained on that path with Nixon’s Southern Strategy—by recruiting the racist Dixiecrats. In 1974 I was a candidate in a GOP primary and was paying attention.

You were ten years old. Were you paying attention? If so, how?

@yvilletom "path of self destruction'? You realize we've had more Rep. than Dem. presidents sense then,, right? And you can start in 1960 or 1974... doesn't matter. As far as what I payed attention to when I was 10 is irrelevent. I certainly wasn't caring a bit about US politics, as I feel fairly certain you didn't either in 1941. I've learned in my later years what happened in the 60s and 70s,,, so what's your point? I pay attention now to what is going on now because it directly affects me and those around me in a very profound way. If you don't have an issue with a person getting shot for saying All Lives Matter, YOU, and others like you are a huge part of the problem. Me being a politically conservative Atheist has nothing to do with it..

@TheInterlooper No, educate yourself.

Overall, we rate Summit News Questionable based on Extreme Right-wing bias, promotion of conspiracies, misleading and unproven stories, and a complete lack of transparency.

[mediabiasfactcheck.com]

[nydailynews.com]
[thesun.co.uk]
There are a bunch of news stories about this out there...

@Captain_Feelgood Perhaps it would be a good idea to not post links from lousy sources when others are available ? 😛

@FearlessFly Maybe your 'mediabiasfactcheck' site needs to be fact checked... >LMAO 😄 I really don't care what they say about other sites. They obviously got it wrong about this one.. 😎👍

@Captain_Feelgood . . . it is not MY mediabiasfactcheck !

I doubt they got it wrong about summit news, but perhaps you have evidence that website is always credible ?

. . . btw that "left wing" (not) Fox News reported :

"Police have not independently verified whether the supposed argument over “Black Lives Matter” occurred or if the fatal shooting was even connected."

[foxnews.com]

good luck with that// 🤣😊😉🙄

@Captain_Feelgood . . . don't misunderstand, I (and I think OwlInASack) are simply (with reason) questioning the reporting, NOT claiming I/we know exactly what happened.

Have you found (credible) source(s) that confirm that the father (who claimed she said it) was actually there ?

If the Police are uncertain it was 'connected', what evidence is there that it IS ?

@FearlessFly Man.... all you have to do is google the woman's name, there's a whole page full of sites all telling the same story.. Feel free..

@Captain_Feelgood That's the logical fallacy --[en.wikipedia.org]

Which story claims the father was actually there ?

@FearlessFly I don't remember the father claiming to have been there,,, it appears he is repeating what the others that were there told the police. When you have that many different news sources,, I mean literal local news companies telling the same story, I find it strange that you two are still trying to call it fake news.. But hey,, what ever makes you feel better I guess... Have a good one..

@Captain_Feelgood . . . the ones I have looked at are not telling the SAME story, and most of them are repeating what other stories have reported.

@Captain_Feelgood . . . this story, from THREE WEEKS after (I found none more recent), still not enough info :

[eu.indystar.com]

That's nuts. People are crazy

Are you a “people” and therefore crazy?

@yvilletom

Aren't we all

@OwlInASack

Yeah, I am a bit suspicious of that guy. I didn't really look into it much.

Glad to hear that it's fake news.

@RoboGraham [cbs4indy.com]

That is horrible, so wrong. This might not have happened if people didn't have access to so many guns. Does that make me part of the problem?

barjoe Level 9 July 15, 2020

Are you seriously blaming the gun??? 🙄😒

@Captain_Feelgood ???? !!!!!

@barjoe What part of "Are you seriously blaming the gun?" is giving you a problem? 😃

@Captain_Feelgood People need to have a carry permit. Illegal guns have to be taken off the streets. People who carry illegal guns are responsible for most of the handgun deaths in this country. I think there a damn good chance that girl was killed with an illegal gun. The animated punctuation got to me !!! ???

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:515623
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.