Agnostic.com

11 1

Does being social right now have a taint of hostility?
We all need to be social, to connect, and for those of us who do not have families or partners, being social requires the willingness of others. But, dating right now feels almost impossible. Suggestions?

Green_Chile_Type 6 July 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just forced myself to go on a date last week to get my toes wet, so to speak. IT felt nice to go to a patio and eat in public restaurant again! 😀 <3 If you want to meet right away or within a few chats, I agree dating will be horrible for you. But if you are okay with chatting with someone for awhile, establishing a bond with someone in a penpal kinda way, it is great. The pandemic made online dating easier for me personally, since guys HAD TO chat longer with me, not harder. Do not worry this too shall pass and you can get back to your previously scheduled dating life next year 😉

I wasn't looking for a partner before the pandemic hit, and I don't think I'd be interested right now if there was no pandemic. My heart goes out to people who are suffering from severe loneliness right now, though. I know that must be incredibly difficult.

Deb57 Level 8 July 17, 2020

I guess it depends on what you mean by "dating".

Based on what I read here, many people assume that dating includes some kind of physical touching. For me, dating wouldn't be any different today than it was in the past. There isn't any expectation of physical contact, and there isn't any physical contact. But, maybe what I've been doing isn't really "dating".

I agree with you. I do not need to have intercourse or even kiss someone to be on a date. Just last week I was on a date and we were masked the whole time, just pulling it down to drink, and we hugged goodbye. First dates do not require physical intimacy. Though some people NEED to have sex with prospective partners via 1 to 3 dates, so it may in fact be impossible FOR THEM.

I suggest you get in touch with the inner you..

Just be careful out there. There's Karens, Covid and Cofeefee19.

Don't ask me. I've been living under the house for three years. Getting pretty comfy down here too...

Not necessarily

bobwjr Level 10 July 17, 2020

Due to the COVID-19 virus pandemic, we need to wear masks, social distance and wash our hands frequently.

The only hostility I feel is toward selfish idiots who refuse to wear a mask.

You're right that dating is impossible right now. I'm not going to have sex again until a COVID-19 vaccine is widely distributed.

Yeah, not a good time. It’s great to hang out here, talk to people, maybe do some zoom meetings. If something really catches fire, you could both do a strict two or three week quarantine, plus possible testing, before meeting, etc.

skado Level 9 July 17, 2020

People are hostile about getting together?

get a dog.

[getyarn.io]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516110
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.