Agnostic.com

6 4

LINK Georgia Hospital Worker Sounds Alarm: 'I Have Never Ever Seen Anything Like This' : Coronavirus Live Updates : NPR

"When you have to start shipping patients out of state, it's bad," the worker said. "When the hospitals are full, that's when it becomes really dangerous for everybody."

Amzungu 8 July 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Government inaction is very effective at funneling money to the Healthcare industry.

I am not sure that is all that accurate. Many many healthcare institutions are losing money hand over fist throughout this. ALL elective procedures were stopped across the nation for months in order to be as prepared as possible to provide for the influx of Covid-19 patients. In many places they are still restricted, and across the nation hospitals are required to keep a federally dictated proportion of their beds available for Covid-19 patients regardless of the prevalence in their immediate area. People are not seeking healthcare for chronic or non emergent issues due to the increased risk of contracting Covid-19 in a healthcare setting. This will be a moneymaker for those invested in therapuetics or a vaccine that may come into play in the future, but not the healthcare industry at large.

Learned Nothing from NYC, apparently........

If you think it's bad now wait another 3 weeks. Even if they locked down now it would take 3 weeks before the curve even leveled off never mind going down

It's absolutely maddening to watch what is happening here. It's even more maddening being a healthcare worker and watching these twats make stupid decisions from the comfort of their zoom meetings while the rest of us are left to clean up the massively compounded mess they're leaving in their wake.

And I had a worker in a store today tell me "Connecticut is doing so much better not because of masks but just 'because'" - I didn't inquire further - I just got my arse out of there when I realized her mask was below her nose and she worked the entire store like that all of the time - becoming essentially typhoid Mary.

It seems everyone is an idiot - from the people who should be looking out for "Everyman" to the people who should know better simply from basic science knowledge (that I thought everyone had?).

No, it is because almost everybody here in CT started wearing masks in March....and those wearing them incorrectly, or not wearing them, hear about it! Our "herd immunity" IF it even exists, depends on our actions!

@AnneWimsey Exactly! We shut down fast (Which I told her) and we insisted on masks fast too.

She was out of her tiny mind.

"Just because...."??? Oh, yeah. I would have pressed her on that. Because of her god maybe? lmao

@bingst Well I guess I could have asked - my face was covered so I only would have had to control my excessive eye roll - and my snort?

Gov. Kemp seems to want to make things worse. It's baffling... maddening... disgusting. I keep wondering how far these idiotic Republican leaders can push things before someone snaps and takes them out.

bingst Level 8 July 17, 2020

I'm with you there. None of what these twats are doing to politicize a fucking global health emergency, one that has effectively destroyed our country and economy and killed hundreds of thousands of people over the course of a few months is anything even remotely American. Grrrr

How saddening. ... and what an indictment of Politics overriding Science.

Petter Level 9 July 17, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516150
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.