Agnostic.com

6 2

As an atheist, I'm probably more likely to listen to someone trying to prove they are God than a religious person.

I've been stuck at home with an injury, so I've spent significantly more time than usual on Facebook. I had a friend posting all about 'how would all the disappearances be explained following the rapture'. She was, of course, not worried about herself because she knew where she'd be. I couldn't help but laugh because she also believes that God put DJT in the White House. Given what she wrote, there's no way she'd believe that anyone was God or a representative of God if they didn't fit into her preconceived box.

I may not believe in a lot of things but I'm completely willing to admit when I was wrong and change my mind given proof.

PhoebeCat 7 July 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Those who think they are god
Those who think they have a message from god
And those who think DJT is evidence of god

All need large doses of prozac and a comfy padded cell for the safety of themselves and others.

Your friend is 99% Atheist certain all alleged gawds are fiction except her rapture revelations gawd....I am so glad you are a logical evidence based scientific Atheist.

They all make god in their own image. Its very comforting to have a friend who agrees with you on everything, so much easier that having to rise to the challenge of loving real human friends despite their many faults.

"I'll explain it all after you give me your money".

If I came across evidence of a deity, I'd wait for the LSD to wear off.

barjoe Level 9 July 18, 2020

It has been well accepted that people are gods. "..."Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are "gods"'? John 10:34

This does not mean that people are Harry Potter style God.

Word Level 8 July 18, 2020

Do you still believe in Santa Claus and the tooth fairy?

@barjoe I am the tooth fairy

@Word you're something

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516707
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.