Agnostic.com

5 1

Has anyone had the opportunity to read Jordan Peterson's 12 rules for life yet?

• 0 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 5 votes
swantech72 3 July 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I read a few paragraphs of something he wrote and saw no insights that would have persuaded me to read more.

I paid attention to Peterson for a while, and generally thought two things about him - one, that there was a narrow range of very important things that he got right that virtually nobody else was saying, and two, that he was probably living with some degree of mental illness. The latter seems to have recently been proven true. The former, I still believe.

So I read the book with higher expectations than I later felt was warranted. It just seemed like a lot of conservative platitudes, without the spark that can make his live interviews so compelling, whether you share his views or not. His first book was a lot more interesting.

I still think he is something of a transitional figure - not solidly right wing or left. And maybe more troubled than even I had guessed.

skado Level 9 July 19, 2020

He's a smug sexist. “The people who hold that our culture is an oppressive patriarchy, they don’t want to admit that the current hierarchy might be predicated on competence," he told journalist Nellie Bowles in a recent NY Times interview. What a guy!

He's an arrogant prick.

barjoe Level 9 July 19, 2020

Hilarious.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:516918
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.