Agnostic.com

4 4

I just went to the food bank for the 1st time in 17 years. There were many people there, and none were wearing masks. The lady in charge wondered if I was sick, because I was wearing a mask. I explained to her asymptomatic people and how the virus spreads. She told me I was welcome to wear a mask, but no one there was going to wear one. I got some beans and noodles.

Fred_Snerd 8 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Idiots, here everyone wears a mask

bobwjr Level 10 July 20, 2020

You are living in the wrong state, my brother. You're not so far away and we are all wearing masks up here. Also, we have excellent food banks and medical care. And a somewhat progressive governor.

Ridiculous that they weren't wearing masks at a food bank of all places. Is there a different one you could try (not the church ones)?

@Fred_Snerd I am sorry about your predicament and wish you were closer. Most industries in most of Colorado are thriving. Men in health care are particularly needed. Sounds like that job you left was not going to last anyway but the government should not be restricting your access to online services for any reason.

I sure hope that you and your gf don't lose your home. I'm glad you have a place to go but still. Good luck tomorrow, hope all goes well.

@Fred_Snerd The Republicans are holding up a second stimulus check. I've lived internationally and I've never seen anything like the mess we are in now.

Clean those beans and noodles!!

@Fred_Snerd out of date doesn't mean inedible... Open it and check it out...

@Fred_Snerd eek!!

Given the health and ages of many people who use food banks, not to mention the people who volunteer tend to often be older, this is insanity. All I can say is the smart people have to do the best they can to mask and social distance and let the others play Russian Roulette with their health if that I what they want to do. We as a society deserve to go the way of the Inca, Romans and others advanced civilizations that vanished. The common sense of much of our population has apparently been eaten away from an unknown virus a long time ago!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517208
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.