Agnostic.com

12 3

A user sent me a message. She said she'd never been friends with a free-thinker before (which I thought was odd, especially for someone who would be a person on Agnostic.com); she then noted that I was open to meeting women (as I state on my profile) but that was 'a very interesting thing to liked about a free thinker' (her words).

Needless to say, that makes NO sense to me--aside from the grammar--free thinking has nothing to do with which gender you're open to meet with (not to mention sexual orientation). Anybody else have any experience with this...rationale?

Xenokat 4 July 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To her, "meeting" may mean "meeting for intimacy". "Meeting" is one of those nebulous words, like "seeing" or "dating". It means different things to different people at different times.

Possibly scammer

bobwjr Level 10 July 21, 2020

Irrational. On a dating website, a Ph.D. psychologist messaged me:

"As a volunteer, you do more good than most Christians. How can you be a good and moral person without believed in God and going to church?"

Not this again.

Scammer.

Deb57 Level 8 July 21, 2020

I think Scammer.......

..my feeling is.. we’re kinda outside the bounds around here … thus attract those outside ..for a multitude of reasons, not always healthy.. Ce Bareful

Varn Level 8 July 21, 2020

Seems she understood "atheist and secularist" so maybe she misread "freethinker" as "freemason" or maybe something else having to do with relationships, like hoping you are open and free to do things outside of norms? Could be exciting, haha!

What they said,,,,,,,,,

No, I haven't had this scary experience but please hold on to your wallet.

. . . beware of the 'interlopers' 😮

I agree ... scammer alert.

Scammer alert!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517277
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.