Agnostic.com

6 4

Trump has initiated his own illegal Geheime Staatspolizei, abbreviated Gestapo. He sent them to Portland last weekend and is sending them to Chicago this week. They are there to punish protestors exercising there Constitutional right to assemblage and peacefully protest.

The protests in Portland was progressing toward peaceful assemblage until Trumps Federal secret police entered the scene. These secret police wear generic police badges and uniforms, drive unmarked vans, and literally snatch young protesters off the street and detain (with violence and maltreatment accoding to those taken).

This is illegal by Constitutional law. The Federal Govt cannot send Ferdral troops into action against US citizens without the official request by that state's Governor, as I understand the ruling. This is just one more diminishment of the "RULE OF LAW" by this President. This resembles a banana republic more than it does a democracy.

t1nick 8 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just the beginning

bobwjr Level 10 July 21, 2020

The new nazis

Each governor can call up reinforcements to fight this?

Probably, but will they is the question. He's only going into the Democratic (Blue) states with his gestapo. Republican governors won't support the blue state governors.

I was hoping that there was some legal remedy for his actions. He is going to have one tough fight in Chicago, Mayor Lightfoot doesn't take any sass. Gov Pritzker also is not a fan. Both have openly criticized Trump.

So who has responsibility for setting Trump's ass right in this matter?

The electorate.

@LovinLarge I was thinking about a more immediate legal remedy. If it is unconstitutional, as @t1nick states, what agency or whatever has responsibility here? Serious question.

@itsmedammit If someone had responsibility, something would have been initiated by now. There are some bodies that have the ability to mount a legal challenge, like the state of Oregon in this case. Hopefully they have something in the works.

Will SCOTUS automatically side with Trump? If the can, they probably will.

@itsmedammit Also, the House has initiated an investigation as they should have, but this situation needs immediate attention.

@LovinLarge
Investigations take too long and has been amply demonstrated, Trump can circumvent by simply choosing to ignore or not recognize.

@t1nick So you are saying that there is nothing to be done? Maybe I need a new country.

@itsmedammit

unfortunately, yes, with a spineless GOP in the Senate.

He WILL lose this one!

Sadly, we thought that last time too. Of course I will be voting against him again. I also had planned to help out in neighboring Wisconsin with voter registration and whatnot. The damned virus.

I think the significance of what's going on now depends on whether he is reelected. If he is, I think this is the beginning of our next Civil War because I know I for one am not going to tolerate this descent into fascism.

But I think we can still avoid it as long as he is removed from office, which I believe he will be, and through our democracy we can reentrench the significance of the rule of law so we can get on with the business of addressing the pandemic, reestablishing our international standing and getting our climate plan underway, for starters. There is much work to be done and he is taking us in the wrong direction from which we may never recover.

I think this will blow up in his face.

So many people are outraged, even some who aren't on the side of BLM but are reasonable enough to recognize the danger of a secret police force. It is a stupid move which will turn many people against him and they will walk into the open arms of the movement.

I keep hoping that he will eventually reach the point where more people see how dangerous he is. For sure, his base is loving this stuff. It is just a matter of how large his actual base is, and I think they are more vocal than large.

At the moment he seems tephlon, if for no other reason than the Republicans have lost their backbone. There has to be a pont of dimenishing returns. the questions is will the tipping pont happer before the election? Teh American charater right now is very disappointing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517382
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.