Agnostic.com

9 2

Why does Trump say things "will get worse before they get better" when Italy, which had first COVID-19 case (1/31), about a week after US (1/22), has a flattened curve and is pretty much back to normal?

FSMGirl 5 July 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

TrumpOLINI is now Generalissimo Franco TrumpOLINI invading Portland and making corporations rich making a vax that cures zero people..... ARTEMISIA tea is used cheaply in poor countries to prevent most infections....one of the few good things in the bibles : WORMWOOD TEA

A natural herbal similar to anti malaria drugs that costs some money

Trump has played the wrong game throughout the pandemic. His total lack of experience in political matters and method is showing on him now. He is looking and sounding tired and depressed.
I some way by admitting that it will get worse before it gets better is covering he is preparing America for the cost.
As a stop press... Operation Warp Speed?! I pity America. This man has and is costing you so much in so many way way. Lives have been lost unnecessarily, prestige, money and power.

the cheeto has no idea what he is doing or what effect it has on people. Everyone who is around him (people tell me) tells him he is doing great and he is the best. What a fool.

Trump is saying it's going to get worse because he is the president now. But after the election, it's going to get a lot better because Biden will be the president and will actually act like one and do the job that Trump can't do as a know it all real estate mongol /reality TV show host turned president who doesn't care.

jrhere Level 5 July 22, 2020

That is if Democrats finally vote this time.

To cover himself, for when the death toll reaches a quarter million.

I'd guess he wants it to get worse.

bingst Level 8 July 22, 2020

How would I know? He babbles incoherently and almost endlessly. I doubt he knows or cares whether things are worse or better for America -- or even if he could define what better or worse means in this context.

There is no useful information to get from his speaking. Even if he were intelligent enough to form an interesting thought, he can't be trusted as far as a person can throw a fit -- that is not at all.

RichCC Level 8 July 22, 2020

Perhaps he's noticing the polls which show how much voters think he sucks at it 🙂

We should feel lucky. Up to now he refused to even admit it was an ongoing problem, getting worse not better. It appears perhaps he finally realizes what most of the rest of the world already knows.

t1nick Level 8 July 21, 2020

@jorj

The travel ban from China was not an effort for him. He loves travel bans. Besides 49,000 people were allowed in after the ban went into effect. He was slow to recognize the danger from Europe. He uses the travel ban as an justification of how he acted quickly. When in fact, he fiddled for two critical months downplaying the pandemic and not getting testing started. Its is postulated that at least 49,000 deaths could have been avoided if he had acted more quickly over those two lost months. Your assessment is too simplistic IMO.

@jorj

I disagree. He has demonstrated a great propensity to solve problems with travel bans. Most have racist origins. The Chinese ban was retribution for making him look bad for being unprepared for the pandemic. He eliminated Obama's office of Infectious Diseases in 2017 that was set up after the Ebola incident. He did that for no other reason than Obama established it. He ignored intelligence reports in November 2019 about pending danger and again in January. Trump deserves no credit or breaks for his actions or inactions. His motivations remain suspect and generally reprehensible.

@jorj
True, he is not the only one, but he is the face and the conscious of the Nation. that is one of the jobs of the Office of President, to set the tone for the nation, and to plot the direction for the Nation. He failed miserably on both accounts. His leadership could have cut down on the degree of hypocracy in both Parties had he appropriately exercised it

@jorj I agree you can't blame just him. You can blame his Republican enablers as well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517579
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.