Agnostic.com

5 5

LINK Apartment owner tries to evict tenant after discovering they aren’t a vegetarian: ‘What gives you the right?’

This is a "Hot Topic" goodie! What say you people? Can or should rented living quarters be segregated by cuisine? That's a little over the top, yes?

IAJO163 8 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

In my state, Washington, the law states only in shared spaces can a tenant or landlord be evicted for a violation of contract. I would put this "contract" in the category of unenforceable.

So no milk for children? And they have to be vegans? Doctors are stating and have been for a long time, that's not healthy for children.

WTF? What kind of fascist would do that?

Three words: freedom of contract. The tenant is wrong.

There are limitations and laws regarding contracts. This needs to go to court. Next years contract? No food in the apartment? Or no Vegetables?

Also, there was an obvious violation of privacy matter.

@PondartIncbendog On these facts, the tenant will lose in court.

I'd side with the tenant...

This landlord may get the pants sued off her.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:517982
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.