Agnostic.com

7 4

LINK Ancient Egypt’s Queen Nefertiti bust sparks outrage - YouTube

Why do Caucasian scientist say that Queen Nefertiti was a white woman. What do you think. [google.com]

SkyreckedLoemm 5 July 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So what's wrong with it? We really need to remember that beauty is judged differently in different times and places. Compare some of the portrayals of past people with modern with their true portraits. There is always a difference. We cannot judge yesterdays standards by today's measures.

WTF

bobwjr Level 10 July 24, 2020

You can’t change whatever the science dictates... this is as close as we can get to replicating how Nefertiti looked in the flesh. The politically correct brigade want to actually change history to fit their narrative in this case, but it only diminishes their cause if they try to overstate it. The ancient Egyptians were of a very mixed ethnicity, but my understanding is that the majority were not black, but much similar to the Arabic/European mix you find today in modern Egypt.

Even science gets it wrong from time to time.

. . . fyi, your entire 'google' link (WAY too much 'tracking' crapola) can be "reduced" to :

Oops... I meant this link.. Tx

After I'd been to Egypt, a woman who worked for me was PONTIFICATING about a class she'd taken in African history. She insisted that Cleopatra and all the Egyptians were "BLACK." I brought in photos I'd taken at the Cairo museum. (I almost hated to tell her that Cleopatra was GREEK!)

Either the Egyptians themselves were ashamed of their "BLACKNESS''....or her professor was badly mistaken! There are many famous depictions IN COLOR which show Egyptians as people who look just like those out on the street.

Yes, there were darker-skinned people in Egypt and later in their history, some pharaohs were from Sudan...meaning black-skinned. Nefertiti, however, was neither white nor black.

Political correctness is getting to be irritating! Yes, it's important to be aware of history but it must be TRUE!

i think political correctness has its place in the chapter on manners. I'm more interested in the chapter on understanding and tolerance.

@hankster Right...and TRUTH! It does nobody any good to exaggerate history based on skin color.

@LucyLoohoo true. distorting the facts isn't going to help anyone. but in plenty of cases its been going on a long time.....a long long time. just wish we could step out of some bad habits. maybe thats silly. it'll never be perfect.

@hankster This woman was in a class designed to build awareness of African history. LYING about it was counter-productive and just as despicable as the untruthful history which totally ignores African history.

@LucyLoohoo easy please. I wasn't addressing the specifics of your class. I apologize. I was thinking more on the social wavelength.

Agreed, history must be translated in the most true of ways.

Nonsense. She was green with pink spots.

something's broken. won't play the video.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518176
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.