Agnostic.com

6 3

In America we have a President who is bragging that he passed a competency test as if he were a 16 yr old who passed his finals and is wishing an accused child rapist well.

Who's idea is this of "winning"? What justifies supporting this man?

redbai 8 July 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Non that I can think of

bobwjr Level 10 July 24, 2020

Trumplerite:
"mah hawgs n me love our Trumpy! Cuz he's as iggorant as the rest of us!"

("devils' " advocate) Any hard core anti-abortion person will find justification. 😛

I guess I should have said "reasonable justification". 🤔

Racists support him...

I'm sorry, I am so furious over this topic I can only squeeze out a short answer. I think all reasonable people are incredulous over Trump's unconscionable conduct. I saw someone post the following about Trumpers on FB the other day and I think it's accurate: they love him because they ARE him.

I get some security out of the fact that I have dual citizenship with another country but that's not going to save me from the havoc he is wreaking on the rest of the world.

He has too many people kiss his ass. He insists upon it. Bosses who like ass kissers can be played like a violin. Nobody has the balls to tell him to cool it because he'd have a temper tantrum and fire them. He's definitely making an ass outta himself.

barjoe Level 9 July 24, 2020

i would add that Trump is making a bunch of asses outta the GOP, but they started doing that when their far right and western conservatives started expelling moderates.

It was Nixon’s idea to replace the expelled moderates with Southern racists. See Southern Strategy in Wikipedia.

A decade later someone realized that evangelicals were conservative. No one counted them before Reagan invited them to join the GOP and they were numeruos enough to capture the Party in many states. They did not capture the national GOP and the exploitation started.

When Trump came along, the evangelicals were angry and his demagoguery drew them to him.

@yvilletom Absolutely. LBJ won 1964 by a landslide. After LBJ passed civil rights legislation, in 1968 George Wallace made margin for Nixon razor thin. Nixon's Southern Strategy along with the convenient shooting of Wallace lead to 1972 Nixon landslide against McGovern. George Wallace never walked again. He claimed later the 1972 election would've been much closer as well had he not been shot May 1972. He felt there was a conspiracy to kill him and take him out.to make way for Nixon to win. The south has been Republican ever since.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518273
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.