Agnostic.com

3 4

LINK 10 Journalism Brands Where You Find Real Facts Rather Than Alternative Facts

News about news. This is about 3 years old, but so very timely and up to date. These are reliable news sources, please be aware of where you're getting your "so called" news. Some are hugely biased, and some are purely for entertainment or stirring shit. We've got enough shit stirring, lets get the real facts.

HippieChick58 9 July 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I start off each day with Google reading me all 3 wire service bulletins plus the Economist and BBC.

While I would be in general agreement, I read and link to all of these regularly, depending on the topic they can have a real neocon colonial corporatist slant to them. IE they subtly or not so subtly "normalize" America's foreign wars, American empire, the EU, etc. They are pretty reliable for finding out what is going on, and they're certainly better than Faux News and its ilk, but I still try to see how alternative/citizen/foreign journalists are covering issues. Especially in regards to major events in non-western countries, in cases like this these guys often are just regurgitating Washington/London's preferred narrative. Keeping informed is hard, and one should always keep an open mind and seek alternative viewpoints.

I read Al Jazeera fairly often, I like to see how they report news from the US, and a non colonial view of news from the rest of the world.

@HippieChick58 Haaretz is another one that can offer a refreshingly alternate viewpoint. And kind of reminds one how even the best of American news sources have become alarmingly obsequious to big business and Washington in comparison.

POTUS would call then all "Fake News"

barjoe Level 9 July 26, 2020
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:518988
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.