Agnostic.com

3 9

LINK AP Fact Check NOT REAL NEWS: A look at what didn’t happen this week

I have heard about this coin shortage, and I admit I am guilty of being a contributor. I have many dollars worth of coins in my purse, and other places in my house. However, there is not a real shortage even with my stash.

HippieChick58 9 July 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If it's sounds too stupid it probably is - I only read through about half the list. SMH

I've been saving change for awhile.. I got one of those fountain jugs I throw change into.. It's three quarters full...

I went food shopping today and brought a pocket full of change. When I paid, the cashier was very grateful that I gave her the change and bought what I could give her. She says there's a shortage of wrapped coins at the bank. Was she lying to me?

barjoe Level 9 July 27, 2020

There is a temporary shortage as there is less financial activity. The government is not trying to phase out coins. When I was in Germany with US Forces in the late 70s and mid 80s there was a penny shortage on the bases, our change was rounded to the nearest nickle.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519242
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.