Agnostic.com

2 1

In such a noisy world with so many fights for justice, such a fast news cycle, and such powerful enemies opposing humanist values, how do you cut through the chaos to make a showing for your local humanist group? How do you allocate limited resources to gain visibility and attract additional activists who just don’t know you exist yet?

There are a lot of ways to try. Last year, my friends and I at the Humanist Society of Greater Phoenix (HSGP) had an idea. With the generous support of American Humanist Association’s Chapter Grant Fund, we became business members of our local NPR station, KJZZ.

Read the rest by clicking below.
[thehumanist.com]

AtheistNews 6 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What you do to raise the profile of Humanism, skeptics, and nones generally, is to just go on setting good examples of being good human beings, and over time people will notice. Slow and steady wins the race. (In this case anyway.)

That's pretty cool. I wonder if there's a humanist society in my area. I'm not big on fellowship but I'd like to look into it. Is this a similar organization? [hagp.org]

barjoe Level 9 July 29, 2020

They are affiliated with AHA but I don't know anything about them. It looks like a good group though.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:519901
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.