Agnostic.com

2 2

[cbc.ca]

Officials crack down on Alaska-bound travellers crossing U.S.-Canada border

Lilac-JadeCanada 9 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And why shouldn't they?
It is NOT Canada's fault in any way, shape nor form that the U.S. has Alaska as one of its States.
Canad is just trying its best to protect itself and its Citizens from Covid-19 just like the rest of us are OR should be.

Yes, we don't want needless exposure, & we DO NOT want our numbers to go up because of people who insist on going through our provinces!!! We're already angry with the US & it's mess as it is.

Alaska has good numbers similar to Northwest and Saskatchewan. Probably because they're so isolated. I assume Canada is concerned because leadership in Washington. Republican Governor hasn't issues mandatory mask orders. If he did he'd get the eastern border open.

barjoe Level 9 July 30, 2020

The US numbers are staggering, & we don't want people from the US risking us!

Alaska's, & Saskatchewan's numbers are also going up, as are BC's. Alberta has a problem too.

@Lilac-Jade As at the last News Report I heard the Covid Death Toll in the U.S. is over a quarter of the Death Toll of the ENTIRE world and still climbing.
So, IF were Canada I'd most definitely be saying to Americans "Piss off, we do NOT want you crossing OUR Borders and infecting OUR people."

@Triphid The Western Canadian border is not the same threat as the Southern border. They know this.

@barjoe West, East, North or South the risks from Covid-19 are STILL the same, VIRUSES do NOT respect either National Borders, Nationalities, etc, etc, in case you were unaware of that fact.

@barjoe Here in BC, we have Washington state south of us, & Alaska northwest of us to worry about.

@Triphid Look at a map. Now be aware that these are very remote areas. This is a huge border with no traffic. Keeping it closed doesn't affect very many people. Basically commercial traffic for trade. It's in Arctic Region. I don't live there. It doesn't affect me It affects commercial interests in Northwest, Yukon and Alaska.

@Lilac-Jade I agree. The southern border is a bigger threat. I was just trying to explain that to someone from down under. I don't blame Canada. They're doing a great job.

@barjoe "Look at a map?"
FFS, what do you think I've was doing for all the years I was a Licensed Amateur Radio Operator, scratching my arse with someone elses fingers?
Hey, FYI there ARE sea-lanes available from the U.S. to Alaska you know.

@Triphid I was responding to you saying West East North or South. No offense intended

@barjoe Oh dear, are you, perhaps, admiiting to having a " Foot in mouth" episode here?

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520136
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.