Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK Investor Ownership Of American Farmland May Be Good For The Environment : NPR

"Critics of large-scale, capital-intensive farming say that absentee ownership, even in its current form, has been destructive. They say that rented farmland often gets abused; that tenant farmers won't spend money protecting soil and water because they can't be sure that they'll be around to see the benefits of that long-term investment. Many non-farming landowners won't pay, either, simply because it cuts into their short-term rental income."

Amzungu 8 July 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the big problem is monoculture -- beef, potato, and corn

it's been awhile but I saw a documentary about food in this nation. it said something like 95% of our food comes from four companies if I remember right ConAgra, Archer Daniels Midland, Monsanto and McDonald's. . . I don't know how current that information is but it was pretty scary.

it's all about the money.....sigh.

We're a rather shortsighted lot, aren't we?

@Amzungu we are. we can't see the forest for the cash.

Profit over people and the environment is the name of the game.😢

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520181
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.