Agnostic.com

5 7

LINK An Arizona superintendent on safely reopening schools: 'It's a fantasy' - The Washington Post

‘I’m sorry, but it’s a fantasy’
Jeff Gregorich, superintendent, on trying to reopen his schools safely

This is my choice, but I’m starting to wish that it wasn’t. I don’t feel qualified. I’ve been a superintendent for 20 years, so I guess I should be used to making decisions, but I keep getting lost in my head. I’ll be in my office looking at a blank computer screen, and then all of the sudden I realize a whole hour’s gone by. I’m worried. I’m worried about everything. Each possibility I come up with is a bad one.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Many of you have probably read about the summer camp in Georgia where 260 children tested positive.

Soon we will all understand it is not just an "old people's problem"

Open schools and start the calculators, how many children do we want to kill and or make incredibly sick. Of course, there is the economy, which is going into the toilet quickly, Putting kids into school will not help the economy. Anything the Repubs do will not make the economy work better. How can it that are not doing anything even close to what it will take.

I think the theory is the kids need to be in school so the parents can be at work.

@HippieChick58 The kids need to be in school so they can get sick while the parents are at work getting sick.

@dalefvictor And that is very likely what will happen.

My district (maybe the whole state? I'm not sure,) has opted to keep schools closed until (at least) November, and I'm glad of it. Kids will learn remotely.

Heck, maybe the kiddo will sharpen her computer skills.

I'm not sure whether Ellensburg schools have decided to hold in person classes or not. I do know since getting the Phase 3 reopening there are over 200 new cases and 17 deaths. I do not think the reopening was a good plan but that's just me. The republicans in this county hold sway and wanted their businesses re-opened. Most of the deaths were from LTCFs.

He's should be worried, I wouldn't send my kids back to school..classrooms are infectious petri dishes on a good day, I can't imagine one during a pandemic..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:520993
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.