Agnostic.com

5 3

LINK Postal Service may close offices, cut service ahead of election

The U.S. Postal Service is considering closing post offices across the country, sparking concerns ahead of an anticipated surge of -in ballots in the 2020 elections...

This is a republican led pretty blatant at voter suppression.

snytiger6 9 Aug 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

WHAT YOU CAN DO NOW: Go to your Post Office, buy some stamps or postcards, if everyone spen a mere $20 it would give them a lot more money to tell their new drump-loving "manager" to go suck eggs.

what a great suggestion. I'm going tomorrow.. and I'm sending a package out, and I'm buying some stamps. Let's keep the post office going.

Thank you. There is also (for those of us with mail-in-voting) a drop box to leave one's voter form. I'm not sure who picks up the votes but you don't even have to use the mail as it's part of the voter process. After all the local communities save a ton of money not using poling stations (in the city of Seattle there were thousands of such stations). They could at least put some of that money toward getting the votes to the tabulation stations.

What ever it takes for the Cheeto to win the election. He can hold up the mail, like they used to do in the wild west. (Which never happened.) He can not count votes in certain parts of the country. He can get the Russians to hack into the states that are not going to use mail and change the votes. There are all kinds of ways he can make the election fake. Personally if he wins we will know the election is fake.

USPS is running out of money. tRump is trying to kill the postal service.

See my post above...WE have a lot of power here

I thin it was back under the last Bush administration that republicans passed a bill that said the postal servie must fund their pensions something like 75 years in advance, meaning they have to fund pensions for people they haven't even hired yet. The purpse was to force the post office to lose money, so they could justify privatizing it. They have been tryign to privatize the USPS for a long time.

Of course if the post office ever were privatized, the services would get worse and the prices would go up as corporations looked to squeeze more profit out of it. The net result would be that people would start using email, and digital means to communicate and the corporations would either go bankrupt, or be in need of constant government bailouts. We'd be faced with constant government bailouts or no postal service at all.

Better to keep the postal system as an independent government service.

I hope when this guy dies he's in excruciating imaginable pain.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:521507
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.