Agnostic.com

7 0

LINK Black Florida Lawmaker Thanks God For Slavery

Rep. Daniels, the sponsor of a bill recently passed by the Florida House that would force every public school to post “In God We Trust” signs, is a dangerous religious extremist that dreams of a Christian theocracy.

During her closing speech on the “In God We Trust” bill, Rep. Daniels cited the recent shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida:

Daniels said that God is the “light” and “our schools need light in them like never before.”

She added that gun issues need to be addressed, but the “real thing that needs to be addressed are issues of the heart.”
zblaze 7 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've noticed a lot of black Americans mock Africans, and it makes me really sad. When I lived in Brussels many years ago, (a town with many Zairois) I remember the reject black American basketball players who came to Europe to play, saying things like "Look at dem africans, walking around with rags on their heads!". It shocked me then, but I hoped things had moved on in America by now. It seems not. This woman is like them, and there are enough people like her to elect her (along with a sprinkling of white liberals bearing guilt no doubt). And I know she's the produce of the slave culture which destroyed black people's pride in their origins, but really, there's enough information out there to get yourself educated. Ignorance and white brainwashing on her since birth has affected her mind. She knows nothing of the beauty of african art or culture, but prefers to stay a slave to jeebus. She certainly won't solve America's race problems like this.

On that specific point (that, thanks to historical slavery, she was born a US citizen rather than an African one) she is correct. Most of the other stuff she's coming out with is claptrap.

My mother always wished that her father hadn't died during WWII when she was 4 years old. Had he lived, they'd have most likely ended up living in India after the war, she'd never have met my father, and my brother and myself wouldn't have had a chance at life (she may have had children, but they wouldn't have been us. Our specific consciousnesses would never have existed.)

We all owe our existence to bad things (as well as good) that happened in the past.

But you wouldn't have known, because you wouldn't have existed, so your point has no significance at all.

@GoldenDoll Only true if I didn't exist: if things had taken a different path and I'd never been conceived. But I do exist, and my consciousness is my universe, so the possibility of me not existing has massive significance in my universe.

This has to be the dumbest thing I have ever heard of. What's wrong with her? It has to be a "career move." Imagine all of the dumb white men who certainly agree with her. After all, blacks could be somewhere worshipping a tree or maybe the Easter Bunny. Oh, thank god for slaverfy coz they found god because of it.
I think I'm going to get sick.

In the words of Ron Paul "Read the constitution!"

Well, schools do need better lighting. I once stubbed my toe in a darkened hallway, it was very traumatic.

But really- preacher and EXORCIST? And knowing this, people voted for her?

Rationally, we do need to do something about the trend of school shootings- but an irrational turn to religion is not the answer.

This literally broke my heart. As a black man I grew up in a similiar environment in which she preaches so I totally understand the mindset. People like her really think they are doing "good". They are proud to cling to the minset of a slave.

She's part of the problem we face today. Let's defeat her.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52158
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.