Agnostic.com

6 9

Los Angeles will shut off water, power to those caught violating COVID-19 orders

Good.

"Mayor Eric Garcetti said the measure, aimed at curbing a recent coronavirus spike, will focus on residents known to have “repeatedly engaged in such behavior.”

"With bars and nightclubs shuttered, officials say many of the city’s young adult residents are nonetheless taking a cavalier approach to coronavirus health restrictions and flocking to private house parties, often without wearing masks.

“These large parties are unsafe and can cost Angelenos their lives,” Garcetti said Wednesday.

"His announcement followed a large house party in the Beverly Crest neighborhood of Los Angeles that drew noise complaints and continued past midnight on Tuesday. It ended in a shooting that left one woman dead and four other people injured.

"According to the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health, there had been more than 197,912 cases of COVID-19 across LA County as of Thursday afternoon."

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There is a way to shutoff at the meter, on both the electricity and the water.

That's a great idea, but I'm wondering how they would implement that. A utility truck parking in front of the house? A worker climbing a pole? I'm afraid there would be drunken gunfire.

Here in my city we have a noise ordinance. I would loooooove to see this happen here!

It is hard to say if drastic measures will have any effect ,but who know till they are tried ,not saying i condone it

How will they wash their hands with no water?

@Cutiebeauty

Electricity will be cut off. No air conditioning, lights or power. It gets extremely hot in Los Angeles in August.

This will make people leave parties.

@LiterateHiker i think they should each be fined $1000 and power and water shut off overnight to disperse the party goers..

@Cutiebeauty

Utility managers must wait for police reports. They need documentation of repeated parties in the same location.

Seems extreme to me, just cut their unemployment!

@TeresaWyckoff

Read the article. Hordes of reckless young people are crowding houses without wearing masks, drinking and partying.

The city is targeting repeat offenders. It's not extreme to me.

@LiterateHiker I re read the article, perhaps we can add my suggestion to what the city is planning to do!

Great start

What, the shooting or the cutting off of amenities? 😄😄

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522267
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.