Agnostic.com

9 3

Recuperating and laziness.

I woke up at my usual time of 3:30 am, and I took my shower and got ready for my lounge day again. I tossed in a load of laundry and checked my 50 notis from this site. I ate ramen for breakfast with chicken bouillon broth, it was good. I washed my bedding as well. I watched, "Justice League" and took a walk around the inside of my facility. My Fitibit has been buzzing me for 2 days to get off my ass and walk. Lol. I ended up in the activities room/theater on the 2nd floor. They were doing karaoke. I saw the majority of the staff sitting in the reclining movie chairs. (Better than the theaters) After 15 minutes of talking to a staff, I ended up leaving abruptly due to a headache from the resident's horrible singing! I should've exited earlier. The headache was partly my fault for sitting and staying. Having to endure monotone singing (like someone ran over a cow with a semi, bad!) of, "Miley Cyrus" and "Monster" something (a kid's show made into a song) I remembered why I never go up there in the daytime. I took Tylenol and ate a PB&J sandwich for lunch. I read 2 chapters in my cognitive biases book, and now I'm drinking hot apple cider in my Hello Kitty PJ bottoms. It's only 1:13 pm and I'm bored again. That is what I am doing on my Saturday of recuperation. What are you doing today?

Sarahroo29 8 Apr 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

During the last war America sent us food parcels my dad was at the war and my mum was a welder on the docks as were the rest of her family; a food parcel was sent from the U.S.and tea bags were in it no one here in the uk had seen them before so they spent a whole evening cuttin up the bags and emptying them into a tea caddy- (I would send you decaff coffee) but @sarahroo probably wouldnt get to you!

Lol, it's okay. I can buy some.

Working my ass off

Fun.

@Sarahroo29 not really my son has autism and he knows today was supposed to be my day off. That throws off his schedule. He was a handful for Amy my girlfriend. He doesn’t handle change very well. I should have explained to him last night that I would be gone most of the day. He doesn’t handle change to his routine very well.

@Donto101 Awe. Autistic children do have a set schedule/routine. The 27-year-old kid here does. I've posted about her a few times.

I slept and I slept and then I slept some more.

Soon my bedtime.

Changed out all the cat litter boxes (2) and put fresh stuff in them. Lugged all the bags of the icky stuff down the stairs and outside to the dumpster. Rested from that. vacuumed the floors upstairs and had my shower, and now I'm sitting under the hair dryer (I have super thick hair that takes forever to dry.) perusing the discussion topics on this site. Like you do.

Deb57 Level 8 Apr 7, 2018

Cool. I sat outside in the sun a bit. Earlier it was snowing.

I do washing in my scheme for other residents so did that today - they pay me whatever they feel like, and i just got to my next £100.00 for the charity I support - I did a bit of cleaning up for myself - not much - made lunch for my partner and then went out up the town for a coffee with a friend Ballycastle is a small town but has very many coffee bars cafes pubs ice cream parlours etc. I am only about four minutes walk for the sea -It was awfully windy here today though .earlier in the month when we had the hurricane all the sand on the beach ended up in the bowling green and the old walled harbour which is now a tennis court
It was nice to see its all been returned to its former glory.Met quite a few other residents Ballycastle is small - if you ever look it up on google maps there are two Ballycastles we are facing Rathlin Island - Its pretty beautiful here but can get quite windy.\

You're in assisted living too?

@Sarahroo29 yes , but its called independent living so maybe different - I don't think we are as looked after as you are we are pretty much left to our own devices and have pull cords in every room but very little is laid on for us = sometimes cooked food is prepared but uts patchy and usually not very vegan - and there is a common room where you can just go if you want to talk to others but quite a few of the residents are heavy drinkers - I have been here 9 years and have had so many incidents that have happened when the scheme co-ordinator was off duty - mostly men falling down drunk in the corridors - Once a man went naked down the hall (cheap thrill - I don't think !) The place is supposed to be safe for older people but it isnt at all. The surrounding are nice though and we have keys to our doors and can garden to our hearts delight.

@jacpod My place doesn't allow alcohol or marijuana. We have our own rooms + a bathroom with a shower. It's nice here. A new building of 5 years old. Almost 6. I've been here since August of last year.

@Sarahroo29 Yours sounds a lot better than mine! But I do have friends here and we can laugh about the things that go on.

@jacpod I have one friend here.

Picked up meds for my mom. Changed the beds, did the laundry and listening to Podcasts, Science Salon, Planetary Radio.

BillF Level 7 Apr 7, 2018

That is cool.

I am not an early riser like yourself. I slept in this morning, and got up at 8 am. So far today, I have checked in here, and talked with a couple of friends. I went through all of my movies and purged the ones we haven't watched in forever. The children's movies are going to one of my client's so I made arrangements with my aid to get those to her. I went through my many bookshelves and purged what I no longer want, and then went through all of the catalogs and magazines we have collected, and got them ready for recycling. I talked with my husband, and we made brunch together. My youngest son ate with us and then we talked with him for a while before he went to work. My husband and I are now watching television. I am going to go and clean the kitchen up when this show is over, and then I will be heading to the store for groceries and other essentials. I'm not sure what we will do after that.

I took another stroll around the 1st floor. I want some coffee now, but I can't.

In some respects a normal Saturday, but as you asked: Got up a smidge late at 8.45am, left to pick my daughter up at 10.00. Came home, faffed a bit, took her to guitar lesson, I'm hoping she's the ultimate rock chick the world is waiting for, then food shopping which is ok, my 11 year old is really helpful and doesn't winge one iota. Back home, sorted tea while checking the footy scores. We're doing our own internet thing and I've got the Masters on. All very relaxing and enjoyable, we just like hanging out 🙂

Cool. I want some tea now.

Hmm. I woke at approximately the same time. I fought with the pillows for a while, then got up and headed for the computer. Dosed with caffeine and showered and dressed, I went out to face the day at a Democratic committee meeting to try to figure out how to win this next election.

I want coffee, but the dr said No caffeine.

@Sarahroo29 AwwwwwwHHHH ! strong decaf?

@jacpod I don't have any.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:52236
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.