Agnostic.com

4 3

I found this very interesting, an interview with Bill Moyers and Heather Cox Richardson.

[billmoyers.com]

silverotter11 9 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Interesting concepts. Bill Moyers is so intelligent!

The assassination of Lincoln accomplished what John Wilkes Booth strove to do.

Humans are shitty creatures! We will cause our own extinction at some point.

Humans are shitty creatures!
You are a human.
Therefore, you are a .... (grin)

I think one or more viruses will cause our extinction.

@yvilletom We all have are shitty moments, some just seem to like wallowing in them. I try really hard not too. ๐Ÿ™‚

@yvilletom I have never denied that. I used to tell bus drivers I was training to assume everyone getting on the bus was stupid. That way if someone did something good, you could be pleasantly surprised. And I included myself in that. If I wasnโ€™t, I would not have been married three times. If you assume everyone is smart, you set yourself up for disappointment when they do dumb ass things.
Same with shitty. If you start from that premise, itโ€™s much easier being surprised on the positive side when they do something nice than being disappointed when you find out they are creeps later.

@Barnie2years

That reads much like rationalization. Between assuming smart and assuming shitty, can you:

1. set your assumption to match your environment, or
  2. assume nothing?

A fairly robust (well deserved) chastising of men. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522521
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.