Agnostic.com

10 11

Lawmakers from both parties want the postal service to undo changes that are slowing mail delivery.

Please write to your senators. I just did.

Across America, mail delivery is weeks late. In Rhode Island, a $,000 check that was mailed to me on July has still has not arrived. I live in WA State. It's been three weeks.

Mail delivery of essential medicine, checks, paychecks and bills are weeks late. This is unacceptable.

Demand that the Trump mega-donor Postmaster who started in July reinstate employee overtime, hire new employees to deliver the huge backlog of mail, and allow employees to go back for more mail to deliver each day.

This Trump donor Postmaster is deliberately crippling the U.S. Mail Service.

Clearly his goal is to reinforce Trump's lie that mail-in election ballots are unreliable. Trump is trying to stop mail-in ballots during the COVID-19 pandemic.

Please help all American people get their mail delivered on time.

[nbcnews.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am so pissed at the cheeto I cannot do anything but just sit and shake if I let myself go. Not healthy. Vote these people out of office.

There's supposedly no delays. I was on the phone earlier with the local social security office wondering what happened to a form I had mailed to them when the guy found out it had ONLY been 6 weeks since I sent it, he told me to wait a few more before starting an inquiry as the mail has currently been taking that long...to get halfway across the state. Before Trump, anything in the state was delivered next day.

DeJoy is crippling the USPS to privatize it for his friends. Trump has wanted to privatize it, Bush wanted to do the same thing. It's part of the GOP platform. Where else can one mail a letter from New York to Los Angeles for $0.55 and get it there within 2-3 days? Privatize it and see how much it will costs to deliver that piece of letter. Rural areas will get screwed because a business will not want to deliver to homes out in the sticks because they won't make money off it.

Trod Level 5 Aug 8, 2020

I've tried to warn people about this kind of shit for years now and no one seems to care. I even have historically Democrat-leaning and super liberal (Bernie bro type) friends that are refusing to recognize the dangers of this administration. I've even argued with the latter about their claim that another 4 years of Trump would be better than Biden because at least they have a shot at a "real liberal candidate" in 4 years instead of 8. I can't anymore. Fuck 'em all. The worst part is these morons won't even realize they are reaping what sowed. The American experiment is over.

@JeffMurray Your last four sentences here reveal the lack of power you denied in another group.

@yvilletom When did I deny having a lack of power? I don't even believe in free will...

We're having the same problem in aussie but it's caused by social distancing limiting the number of workers allowed to work at ony one time, a huge increase in internet purchasing and the shut downs of the borders between the states.

You go girl !!!

I’ll agree that despicable is a good term for him.

Despicable seems to be away to nice of word ,How can some one legal and ethically get away with this and why is the post office not completely ignoring theses illegal orders ?

Just today, the acting postmaster general said there is NO DELAY in mail delivery. He also fired all the high-level managers.

Probably the equivalent of removing our 3 (so far) Inspector Generals. I think every current “acting Director” is incompetent, and designed to take down the Agency they’re supposed to be leading. They don’t need to be competent because tRump rules the show.
That’s the intent.
These are all tRumps sponsored actions.

Despicable, unbelievable ..and yet another of what should by now be a thousand nails in trump’s presidential coffin!

Varn Level 8 Aug 7, 2020
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:522563
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.