Agnostic.com

38 13

LINK Is Belief in God Necessary for Good Values? Global Survey on Religion and Morality | Pew Research Center

Pew Research study on whether belief in God is necessary for good values...

Hages 7 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

no, they are not related. i can even argue that religion destroys good values.

Basem Level 7 Aug 10, 2020

I don't understand what the two have to do with each other.

I know the answer, but I guess I have to read the article to see what Pew Research says.

Well good. The aggregate is still on the side of sanity - by just a bit.

It is perhaps telling that this research appears to focus solely on the God of the Bible. Can I interest anybody in Guandi [britannica.com] ?

Bill Maher, after giving examples of the few people, such as Martin Luther King, that could have called themselves Christian, said, "Gandhi was so Christian he was Hindu."

Thanks for the post. It's good to have data that informs us about the world we live in.

I don't give a flying fuck about what people think, which is basically the gist of this moronic study. I don't believe in any gods or religions, that doesn't make me inmoral at all, in fact that doesn't make me a hypocrite either.

It's very much possible to live a happy and to be a good person and livewith or without religion. whatever makes you happy but to never allow others to control, manipulate or exploit our lives

No. We humans have a built in receptor called morality in our brian. Religions don't have a right to control morality as they want to. Look at Muslims, when the call sounds for their prayers during the course of the day, they have police order people into stores while people pray. Saw that in Saudi Arabia numerous times during the day.

Trod Level 5 Aug 11, 2020

Nonsense. A major part of people's trauma and behavioral deviancy come from being raised in a religious environment. Being compelled to believe obvious lies, and then tell lies about yourself to conform (and the list goes on....); that screws up people's heads in ways you can't imagine. Just look at how the Evangelicals support Trump as a block. It's a friggen mass lobotomy. And with all the stuff he's done, they're still with him. Case closed.

Interesting read - thanks for sharing

I used to think no never. As I’ve gotten older and realized how stupid most folks are I’m thankful for it. This is their behavior while afraid of it. Imagine if they didn’t have that, oh boy.

Yes, Kali and Mars seem to fit with the current situation in the US. Why do they keep doing the same study over and over? Why not spend their money on helping people? that would be almost...Christ like! Lols.
You get 4 score years and ten, lets use them to have same arguments again and again 😂

I thought this was settled. But I know one thing. Air is necessary for human beings to live.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.