Agnostic.com

6 5

LINK Noam Chomsky: Trump Is Quite Capable of an “October Surprise”

"Trump is quite capable of an “October surprise.” It’s not hard to conjure up a variety of options. This is no time for letting one’s guard down, beguiled by dubious hopes."

"In American political jargon, an October surprise is a news event deliberately created or timed or sometimes occurring spontaneously to influence the outcome of an election, particularly one for the U.S. presidency."

Question: Which of these will Trump TAKE DOWN more:
-- the liberal media;
-- the post office & mail-in balloting;
-- the voting rights of many Americans;
-- military & pentagon leaders who could stop his unconstitutional actions;
-- the election on November 3rd;
-- legal protests against his deployment of federal agents?

AnonySchmoose 8 Aug 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The post office and mail-in balloting will be TRUMPS big push this October

The postal service which most people don't seem to notice and which will effect the voting the most, either by delay (a type of voter suppression) or by questioning the outcome.

That is what I am afraid will happen too easily.

I fully expect a fire in the Capitol Building....

Natural or man-made. Or a firing ?

@AnonySchmoose It's a reference to a historical event.

@Gareth
It may be good to burn it down and build a modern capitol building to reflect progressive values.

I fully expect some such bullshit.

Ditto.

I was going to comment, but I'll just put it here I fully agree with you it is going to be some such bullshit.

If he loses, he declares the election "Fake news", as will Fux, and will refuse to leave, thereby creating another constitutional crisis. HIs koolaid followers will take to the streets armed to the teeth to "Protect" the "True" President. At this point the military will have to step in, as Frumps generals will attempt to enforce his position. This will cause a mutiny within the Command staff that honors the oath they swore to uphold the constitition. This starts the 2nd Civil War and blood runs freely in the streets.
Or he just whines and has tantrums till he leaves and goes to jail, straight to jail, no passing go or collecting $200..

orange blob will do anything to win.

The repugs are doing everything to not have a free and fair election:

• voter suppression

• closing of polling places (for voter intimidation, of course)

• recruiting poll 'watchers'

• legal chakkenges

And they're already playing the china card, saying that
-Biden will allow china to take over America.

• china wants Biden to win (but of course not mentioning russia, who is actively interfering in the election).
  • blaming the pandemic on china.

The October surprise? More of so-called 'obamagate'. More of the 'deep state'. 'Proving' that the russia investigation was unwarranted and illegal. That's one possibility.

Poll monitors became a thing last time.
Just so people voting in Pennsylvania know - the law - any one from your district may challenge your id status. "Your district" is important here. If asked, say I will be happy to show you my address, AFTER you prove to be from my district. Then, if they pull out their id, write it down so you can Google it to see if it does fall into your district. This tactic stopped a lot of racists, who vehemently complained about said law, from going into black neighborhoods last time.

@Beowulfsfriend

Thank you.

I'll have to check the law in Virginia.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523744
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.