Agnostic.com

8 4

Oregon has been using mail-in ballots for over 20 years with great success! Regardless, I have chosen to deliver mine to a polling site in recent years, and I would respect this advice:

tinkercreek 8 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Trump has ordered that ballots are no longer to be treated as first-class mail. They are to be treated as bulk, which can be discarded.

My alimony check arrives by USPS within one day of every Friday, and has for over 10 years . (Ex is a control freak who likes to push the "send" button every week rather than use direct deposit, which Bank of America repeatedly urges him to do. I think he lets the new wife watch & admire....)

With Trump’s all out assault on the USPS, this sounds like good advice. I think I will make the effort to deliver mine to the official drop off location.

I've been voting by absentee ballot for years. Interesting. I can drop it off. No problem.

Vote suppression happens in many ways .... get your ballot mailed to you early study it vote wisely photocopy it and hand deliver it to election headquarters

Good point

bobwjr Level 10 Aug 12, 2020

Having campaigned for all mail voting in OR, the best method of voting is to drop your ballot inside one of the white (painted mailboxes) ballot boxes placed throughout towns at various government buildings. On election night, we Democrats would actually monitor ballot removal - then follow the vehicle collecting them back to the county courthouse. Never a problem.

I’ve monitored signature comparison and verification, the opening and counting of overseas ballots, as well as the general count, anonymous inside their ‘security envelopes.’ This was done as ballots arrived, sometimes weeks in advance of election day - thus, with All Vote By Mail - the results were near instant on election night after ‘the polls’ closed!

But this was/ is in Oregon, a progressive state that crashed the Republican Parties death-grip on voter suppression. Until the rest of the nation wakes up - and does the same - Republicans will continue to deny equal access to voting.

Varn Level 8 Aug 12, 2020

In this day and age we should be using a digital zero knowledge proof voting recipt system. Then everyone can verify their vote was received and counted.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523874
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.