Agnostic.com

1 2

LINK Dr. Sanjay Gupta: Why I am not sending my kids back to school - CNN

One of the questions I am getting more than any other: Am I going to send my children back to school? As a father of three teen and preteen girls, this has been a constant discussion in our household, and it hasn't been easy. My girls want to go back to school, and they are placing enormous pressure on us parents to make it so. They miss their friends, the social structure and the immersion in humanity that kids need and crave at this age. Virtual learning has played an important role for them, but it is not a substitute for in-person learning, especially for younger kids. As things stand now, my children are scheduled to start school next week.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My kids or grandkids would NOT be setting foot in any school right now...too bad so sad for their social interaction vs. Death or permanent disability.
Go with the model of rich aristocrats the world around for millenia, tutors....you could band together with neighbors/friends to house/feed/ compensate an actual teacher......

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:523976
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.