Agnostic.com

4 9

LINK This 21-year-old thought he had overcome a mild case of Covid-19. Then he went into organ failure - CNN

Spencer Rollyson says he didn't think much of it when he experienced mild coronavirus symptoms in May. Weeks later, the disease almost took his life.

"I never thought, at 21, I would be on the verge of death," he said.
Initially, the infection seemed just like the flu or a cold, he said, and the symptoms lasted for a few days.

"About a week and a half, two weeks later, I started feeling bad," he said.
Rollyson said he went to the emergency room with a 103.4-degree fever and doctors conducted several tests including chest X-rays and CT scans to find the root of the problem. Everything came back clear, he says, but within 48 hours Rollyson was in the ICU.

HippieChick58 9 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There are still way too many people that think this pandemic is a government conspiracy or that it is just over blown.
It is true that many are not getting sick but over 160,000 dead Americans sure is real.
Many who did get it are finding they are not getting back to being able to do what they did before, many are looking at long term health problem and we still do not have health insurance for all.

I honestly don't know what it's going to take for people to accept that this is a devastating (and still largely unknown) virus, and everyone is vulnerable. Even those who are asymptomatic are developing symptoms or medical problems that will be with them for months, if not years. It would have been nice to have some leadership to guide the oblivious.

The myth of "it is only old people" is going to die a horrible death, quickly.
As an "old people" myself, I have been completely offended & disgusted by this myth for months now.
Pardon my chortling with glee as people Wake The Hell Up to the FACT that viruses respect no age!

This virus is brutal. It's been hard on the American people and the people of the world. It will end. People have to be patient. Impatience of Trump and Putin are trying to force this. It won't end well if they prevail.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524045
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.