Agnostic.com

6 5

This is very disturbing. When you watch the body Cam videos of the George Floyd arrest ,you find yourself realizing that everyone involved made some very grave errors. The knee on the neck should never have been used. Floyd should never have resisted in any way.

[wsj.com]

Lorajay 9 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And he was accused of trying to pass a counterfeit $20....which has never actually surfaced, and is something any one if us might have done innocently. Nobody has come forward to claim he was some kind of forger, either......which I am sure they devoutly wished they could do.
Food for thought: What kind of action, in your opinion, would warrant the police awarding someone the death penalty immediately upon apprehension? I mean, Jeffrey Dahmer, Ted Bundy, Manson, et al got lawyers & trials & appeals, ...oh, wait, they were white........

I think the amount of restraint and actions of the police officers were criminal. I posted this so we could all see the total story not because I agreed with what they did to the man.

Just imagine....what if the ''bystander'' hadn't been there with a phone? How many other incidents like this one are unobserved, unreported, unprosecuted?

In his place, if I knew falling into the hands of the police would likely mean my death or severe beating, I would bloody well resist too.

Correct, he shouldn’t have resisted. Doesn’t change the fact that he shouldn’t have been killed in cold blood for it! Doesn’t excuse that murderous cop’s knee on his neck for 9 minutes. NO EXCUSE! I’m so sick of bad cops’ pathetic justifications for their actions.

The autopsy indicates that Floyd had so much of a variety and quantity of drugs in his system that this contributed to his untimely death.He was incapable of making any errors in judgment because the drugs took away all his ability to utilize any judgment at all The video clearly indicated that the cops just wanted to get him in the patrol car but his highly erratic behavior prevented this and the cops had no alternative but to restrain him .

kneeling on someone's throat until they asphyxiate is not restraint it is fucking murder

@richiegtt I agree.Autopsy report showed no trauma to his larynx or chest.He probably OD’D.Watch the body cam video, he was tweaking like a crazy man.

It should not have taken 9 minutes with a knee on his neck until they could have restrained him in a more humane way.. I did not post this video to justify what the police did. I posted it so we could have the whole story. No one should die because they are doing crazy things that are not hurting other people.

Because they had no tasers? Or handcuffs? Or both? Musta forgot them on the kitchen counter that day.......mass amnesia, yeah, that's what happened......

@HarrySlick ummm, the first autopsy report, quickly repudiated......

@HarrySlick The second autopsy reported Floyd died of "asphyxiation from sustained pressure" when his neck and back were compressed by Minneapolis police officers his arrest. The pressure cut off blood flow to his brain, that autopsy determined.
"Whether or not he was intoxicated or had medications in his system is irrelevant to the cause of death, which is homicide, which is death by the hand of another,"
"They knew they were employing restraints that could or might cause death,"

@HarrySlick " he was tweaking like a crazy man." Yes he was there is a widely used old medical term for that involuntary movement when dying of suffocation it is called "A Gallows Dance"

He was upset and feared for his life from the get go. He didn't deserve to die for a nonexistent $20 bill that was never turned into USSS but used as probable cause for the stop on the first place. I disagree with your assessment with regards to George Floyd. I do wish he had acquiesced for his sake but he was murdered. Derek Chauvin knew him and wanted him dead. It's the blue line of silence. A conspiracy of hate, in this case. They are just as responsible for Minneapolis burning as the outside agitators.

I agree he did not deserve to die and I do think the policeman knew him and wanted to hurt him.

I posted the video because it paints a very different picture than the one where you only see the knee on Floyd's neck. I think it's important that all sides are working with all the information possible

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524056
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.