Agnostic.com

6 2

Pretty much.

WilliamCharles 8 Aug 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Berniecrats shitting out again in 2020? That is what it looks like.

I know Biden is not getting my vote. But I'm in CA so no matter. Team Biden needs to worry about battleground districts. He might be royally screwed. Hillary 2.0 but with cognitive decline.

Is this group for Politics, or just for supporting Putin's agenda?

Bernie will, as he did in 2016, get fully behind Biden/Harris because he sees clearly what a danger and failure drump is/would be.
He campaigned Every Single Day for Hillary after she was chosen, including 39 rallies for her, despite how shamefully she/her supporters treated him & those of us who supported him both before, during, & after the Convention.
If you are not bright enough to see that, or choose to ignore it, I guess that puts you in the drump-lover camp.

You know Bernie supporting alone is not enough, right? His voters sat 2016 out when he supported Hillary. Also if Bernie himself does not, he will not survive the Democrats rage in Congress. He will not dare do it. He knows it well.

You can bet your ass that if the Biden ticket, or whoever is still on the ticket in Nov. loses, the party leaders will blame Bernie and his supporters, the Russians, or both. Anyone but themselves for continuing to shove shitty candidates down the throats of non-conservative voters..

They're nothing if not consistent, eh?

I realize some find negative attention better than none at all, but do you truly relish the idea of four more years? It’s hard to imagine someone so bitter, so worthless, that they’d cheer on pain.. Who hurt you so..? And why are you trying to hurt us?

Varn Level 8 Aug 12, 2020

I hurt seeing the braindead machinations of the DNC. Truth hurts, it seems.

@WilliamCharles The ‘dnc’ is as active as ‘god’ ...so yur gonna have to do better than that.. Really, though, ‘the DNC’ is your target, your boogie man..? The DNC is generally broke and ignored. Candidates count; after we choose one, the DNC gets them on state ballots, (usually) runs a Convention.. ..then goes unfunded and ignored for another 3 years...

..you know what I think..? I think yur afraid of the Elephant in your room.. The RNC ..Do you think when trump declares martial law … you’ll be able to show all the bs you’ve posted around here … and they’ll put you in charge of a camp..? But ya do..

@Varn - the DNC actively kneecapped Bermie because their corporate masters couldn't allow him to succeed. They got their fvcking wish and their fvcking crap candidate. You all can coast to victory with Basement Joe, the safe choice. Be happy that crowds (cough) are clamoring to "Settle for Biden," the Republican-Lite Democratic Party candidate. Sure he's addled and often shows signs of severe cognitive decline, but he's got a coherent number two to cover for him as well as step up once his mental meltdown is complete.

I'm truly gobsmacked how rationalists can be so irrational politically where truth and facts are involved.

#FCKBDN

And fvck Biden fluffers. Their motto is, "Sure he's shit, but he's shit with a ( D ) next to his name.

Fvck that shit. Seriously.

@WilliamCharles You Republican Troll you.. though perhaps the perfect ‘poster child’ for the handful of others around here leaving piles of similar BS.. Caption, Think like that - end up like this

@Varn

Biden fluffers are under the delusion that Team Trump won't bring up how bad Biden sucks. It's insane to think that anyone is obligated to treat your shitty candidate with kid gloves.

Q: What do you get when you nominate a piece of crap like Basement Joe?

A: You get what you deserve.

So sad. You can do better than that.

We'll have to agree to disagree.

The party had a chance to do better but they chose Biden.

@RoboGraham

Unfortunately, I disagree with you.given the confluence of events that occurred in the Spring, I do not think there was any other choice. The tide had swung toward Biden after S. Carolina, then the pandemic hit. I was not a fan of Biden or Bernie as the best choices for the Nation. Just two more old white guys. But the pandemic made it near impossible for anybody to mount a come back and challenge Biden's momentum. Kamala Harris will give us the younger perspective going forward.

@t1nick

I think Bernie would handle this crisis much better. The last thing we need right now is another noeliberal. The guy advocating for a rational healthcare system, jobs guarantee, UBI, loan forgiveness... Is exactly what we need during a pandemic and economic crash. Biden's policies will cause a great deal of unnecessary suffering.

@RoboGraham

He might have handled it better, but as I said the confluence of events made the chances of him getting the opportunity all but impossible. We still need a younger governing class. Its time for us Boomers to move aside. Kamala is a start.

@t1nick

Kamala is a boomer. She was born in 64.

I think this confluence of events was engineered by part insiders. It didn't have to be this way. They chose Biden and it was a bad choice. No matter how you look at it, he's a bad choice.

@RoboGraham

True, but she is a generation younger than Biden. Its a step in the right direction. If you review the events leading up to immediately before the pandemic disrupted everything in March, Biden had retaken the momentum from Bernie, and there was no opportunity for him to reclaim. Its a simple matter of probabilities. The pandemic destroyed any chance for anybody to mount a challenge. The disruption was so encompassing that there was not mechanism given the way society and events played out.

@t1nick

I'm not sure what age has to do with it

Looking at her policies and her record, I can tell that she is behind the times compared with Bernie, despite being much younger.

@RoboGraham

Age is important in many instances. As you grow up your are affected by the times and events that you experience during your formative years Those events and prevailing opinions helps to form your paradigm of how things work. I grew up during my formative years in the late 60's early 70's. I was in the last draft call for Vietnam. That period of time had a lot to do with the social activism that I engage in. Bernie's last minute intransigence made it clear that he would not draw enough people in to overcome the Biden momentum.

@t1nick

Okay sure, it influences people and it's important but Biden is just as old. Bennie could have and would have selected a younger VP as well.

How was Bennie intransigent?

@RoboGraham

Bernie refused to recognize the circumstances of the momentum shift away from him when the outcome was obvious. He pushed some of us that were partial to him away, showing he was just another politician. Bernie never really had a chance as things played out. The momentum shift prior to March showed that the American public was not ready for Bernie. Democrats depend upon the black vote, and Bernie did not have any significant vote following in this community. He could not have beaten trump. most of his following was int e millennials, and they do not turn out to vote.

@t1nick

He refused to recognize the circumstances? He dropped out too early. He suspended his campaign just after the last debate. He should have kept fighting to at least have more influence on the platform but he had massive humility, told everyone that his friend Joe is a great candidate to defeat Trump and quite fighting for himself. The man always bends over backward for the establishment but it's never good enough.

How did he push you away? I agree that he is just another politician but at least he is a politician willing to push for policies that will help regular people while the rest of them are in the pocket of the elites.

This momentum shift you speak of occurred because the DNC and local parties did all they could to create it. The most power figures in the party all lined up against him at once, they closed polling places in poor, minority, and college town neighborhoods and the corporate media used all their power to paint Bernie as dangerous and unelectable while Biden didn't even have to campaign because they shilled for him so hard.

Bernie doesn't do good with the old black vote, young black people like him just fine. Biden doesn't do good with entire generations.The youth does tend to vote less, especially in the primary. If it were Bernie in the general, we would turn out for him as we did for Obama because he ran on a progressive platform. Give us a reason to vote and we will. Given the option between two corporatists, both of whom do not support policies that will do us any good, and we lose interest. I've gotten to the point to where I can't even be associated with the democratic party anymore. It's too shameful. When the party selects the man who said on stage, on TV that he has no empathy for my entire generation, the man who has vowed to veto the most important piece of legislation of this era, you lose me, and many others like me.

@RoboGraham

Nick shrugs, realizing that Bernie really didn't have a chance no matter how much I agreed with him. And no young blacks do not like him just fine, as they did not show up to support him when the time was needed. I'm not a Democrat, rather an Independent. After Iowa, the handwriting was on the wall, especially after the disruption due to the pandemic sent everything into chaos.

@t1nick

After Iowa? He won Iowa, and New Hampshire, and he had a historic win in Nevada. He was the first person, in either party, to win the first three in a row.

Nick has revealed that he was not paying much attention.

@RoboGraham

Not necessarily. I was relying on my memory of order. I was mistaken in my memory, that's sll.

@t1nick

Fair enough

Thanks for admitting that you are mistaken about this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524108
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.