Agnostic.com

2 6

To all voters planning to vote by absentee or mail-in ballot: Fill in your ballot as soon as you get get it. And, take the time energy, and small expense to send you ballot in using one of the following” (1) sending it in by registered mail with the US Post Office, (2) Federal Express overnight service, or (3) UPS overnight service. That will make sure that your ballot will get in and be counted.

Be aware that Trump and his new head of the US Post Office Louis DeJoy are doing everything they can to disrupt the delivery of mail-in ballot. DeJoy has fired all other officials at the top of the postal system and has taken action to slow down the postal system. But, even more sinister: while mail-in ballots have, in the past , ALWAYS been treated as first class mail, this miscreant has declared that all mail-in ballots will be treated as third class or junk mail. There is no accountability for junk mail if it gets lost or is not delivered. That means that there will be no accountability if thousands or millions of mail-in ballots “get lost.”

I have been registered to vote absentee for over twenty years. I will complete my ballot within 2 days after receiving it and send it by registered mail with the US Post Office My ballot will be delivered to the Hillsborough County Office of Elections within 48 hours and be signed for by staff at that office. And, I will received notification that the ballot has been delivered. I urge you to do the same to make sure that Donald Trump and his corrupt cabal do not steal the election.

Pass it on as far and wide as you can!!

wordywalt 9 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Firstly, be aware that officials might not accept any kind of mail that requires a signature. Check first!

As I understand it, states have always been charged the bulk rate for sending out ballots, but now the USPS wants first class postage for it. As far as I know, they have always been treated as first class mail even at the lower rate.

As @HippieChick58 mentioned, last time I voted, I made use of a drop box (essentially a letter slot built into the brick wall of the county building). GA did a mass mailing to all active voters of an absentee ballot application. Fortunately, it included the ability to scan and email it to the county, which is what I did. Even more fortunate and quite surprisingly, GA just approved the creation of a web site just for requesting an absentee ballot, so it will be even easier for anyone with internet, but more difficult this time for those without. I suppose it's half a loaf of what the Secretary of State wanted, which was to do another mass mailing. He is seeming like a decent sort, despite being Republican, at least on this issue.

I don't know about any other area, but my city has drop boxes for all things dealing with elections. I can drop my ballot and my request for absentee at a location that is quite convenient for me. I DO have to get out of my car (it was pouring one of the times I drove over to drop off the ballot) but aside from that small inconvenience it is simple as pie. I highly recommend it.

Let's do every little thing that we can to brush aside their sabotage attempts.. They are coming, so expect them and push them aside.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524293
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.