Agnostic.com

2 1

Lyft joins Uber in threatening to pull out of California over driver status

The companies say they can’t afford to classify drivers as employees

[theverge.com]

FearlessFly 9 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

These "companies" are nothing but exploitative leeches.

I think Uber and Lyft drivers are under paid, but this ruling, however it lands, has no bearing on the eventual change to robotaxis, except possibly to change when it occurs.

It didn't happen in Austin

[rideaustin.com]

@FearlessFly I wasn't aware of Ride Share Austin. Interesting. I wonder how it would have to change in order to make drivers employees.

It seems to me they've followed the same business model as Uber. I can easily see them losing a contractor or employee argument. Their terms for drivers include the statement that they do not supply transportation services. Hah! But they set all the prices? That's well beyond "lead generation" as it's stated in their terms.

It might be a non-profit, but it seems to still have the problems in their business model that Uber and Lyft have.

@bingst I think the idea was to (try) keep the money in austin . . .

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524304
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.