Agnostic.com

4 7

Smug self-assurance of being correct about one's world view is not a good look, neither for theists nor for atheists.

ildar717 4 Aug 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I do hope you’re not referring to me! I’m the kind of lifelong unbeliever who doesn’t need to talk about my lack of belief or challenge others regarding theirs. I don’t proselytise or assert my views are correct, however if I’m told by others that I’m wrong to not believe in god, or when they smugly tell me that they have their place booked in heaven whilst I’m destined for hell, I may just smirk a little at their credulity.

@ildar717 I thought you may have been referring to some on this site after reading our remarks and attitudes.

Where is the line between "smug" self-assurance and regular old self-assurance?

That would be arrogance, which is never a good look!

Self-assurance is uff-da fine (how to talk Minni-soooaatan), CERTAINTY is not a good look. 😛

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:524357
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.